Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Which hard disk is my new acer nitro 5 AN515-54 is having?

AdityagosAdityagos Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

Recently i bought my new laptop ,after someday of uses i didn't felt any issues using it
The user interface was buttery smooth ,but from the time i started installing huge data ,downloading huge file and playing game which were install in the Hdd 
It started heating up,I don't know if any other customer is facing this issue ,If yes then please tell me how you fix this 
I checked the temp of the Hdd it is going upto 51 C,I laptop is under warranty .Can you provide me solution

Best Answer

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,654 Supercomputer Wrangler
    Accepted Answer
    Adityagos said:
    @Blues
    The heating is happening on the surface below the arrow keys and it is recognizable but it only happen while installing huge file like game and downloading file,otherwise while playing game ,browsing internet and normal usage ,It remain constantly cool

There is nothing wrong this is normal, your HDD is doing a lot of work writing the huge file. HDD's don't overheat. So have fun

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

FAQ & Answers

• andylbandylb Posts: 1,654Member Supercomputer Wrangler
    There is no temperature for the HDD, the temp that you saw is most likely the CPU and 51 deg C is fine, they are designed to run up to 90 deg C
    Make sure you are gaming on your dedicated Nvidia GPU and it is set to high performance. You don't have an issue 51 C is normal

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

• Acer-JackAcer-Jack Posts: 27Moderator Moderator
    @Adityagos

Like fellow member @andylb explained there is no HDD temperature. Acer has confirmed that gaming devices are good to run even at 90°C. So, it might be a regular heat and nothing to be worried about.

Please click "YES" if this answer the question if my answer helped fix the problem. 
    click "Like" if my answer was helpful 
  • AdityagosAdityagos Posts: 9Member

Tinkerer

@Blues
    The heating is happening on the surface below the arrow keys and it is recognizable but it only happen while installing huge file like game and downloading file,otherwise while playing game ,browsing internet and normal usage ,It remain constantly cool
  • andylbandylb Posts: 1,654Member Supercomputer Wrangler
    Accepted Answer
    Adityagos said:
    @Blues

There is nothing wrong this is normal, your HDD is doing a lot of work writing the huge file. HDD's don't overheat. So have fun