Which hard disk is my new acer nitro 5 AN515-54 is having?

Adityagos
Adityagos Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently i bought my new laptop ,after someday of uses i didn't felt any issues using it
The user interface was buttery smooth ,but from the time i started installing huge data ,downloading huge file and playing game which were install in the Hdd 
It started heating up,I don't know if any other customer is facing this issue ,If yes then please tell me how you fix this 
I checked the temp of the Hdd it is going upto 51 C,I laptop is under warranty .Can you provide me solution

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Adityagos said:
    @Blues
    The heating is happening on the surface below the arrow keys and it is recognizable but it only happen while installing huge file like game and downloading file,otherwise while playing game ,browsing internet and normal usage ,It remain constantly cool

There is nothing wrong this is normal, your HDD is doing a lot of work writing the huge file. HDD's don't overheat. So have fun

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    There is no temperature for the HDD, the temp that you saw is most likely the CPU and 51 deg C is fine, they are designed to run up to 90 deg C
    Make sure you are gaming on your dedicated Nvidia GPU and it is set to high performance. You don't have an issue 51 C is normal

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Blues
    Blues Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Adityagos

Like fellow member @andylb explained there is no HDD temperature. Acer has confirmed that gaming devices are good to run even at 90°C. So, it might be a regular heat and nothing to be worried about.

Please click "YES" if this answer the question if my answer helped fix the problem. 
    click "Like" if my answer was helpful 
    If my comment gives you a solution then please hit on "Yes"
    If you like or agree to my comment then please hit "Like"
  • Adityagos
    Adityagos Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

@Blues
    The heating is happening on the surface below the arrow keys and it is recognizable but it only happen while installing huge file like game and downloading file,otherwise while playing game ,browsing internet and normal usage ,It remain constantly cool
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Adityagos said:
    @Blues

There is nothing wrong this is normal, your HDD is doing a lot of work writing the huge file. HDD's don't overheat. So have fun

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SidhantKhamankar
    SidhantKhamankar Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    Adityagos said:
    @Blues
    Ya, Same is happening with me. I think there is a defective SSD or HDD or Is this due to battery overheating as I have my charger connected always.