Predator Helios 300 - G3-572 - My laptop is not charging after 84% and it even shutting down at 30%.

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Options
    How long is your battery? See that there is a 66.3% wear level.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Preadtor
    Preadtor Member Posts: 40 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I didn't understand ur language...
    Once can u post it in English
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How long is your battery? See that there is a 66.3% wear level.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Preadtor
    edited August 2019
    Options
    it's around 16 months. . .
    What's that wear level...

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Lithium batteries wear out over time. If the wear level has remained even after the battery has been calibrated, you may need to replace it. However, have you tried to reset the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Preadtor
    Options
    Yes I have done this calibration
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    egydiocoelho  wants to know how old the battery is? The battery alone has already lost more than a third of its design capacity. It's internal charge controller may also be faulty and causing errors in the battery meter app. You should probably consider replacing the battery in any event. They are not that expensive. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes @JackE. But he has said he has owned the notebook for 16 months. I also think the battery will have to be replaced.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry I didn't see page 2 of this thread. But who knows how long the battery was sitting on the shelf before you got it. It could be much older than 16 months with that kind of loss of  design capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Preadtor
    Options
    I have to replace the battery or is there any solution for this..???
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I believe the only solution is battery replacement. Remember that partnumber may vary, but the voltage must be the same as the original battery.

60001535 PANASONIC 4CELL3.22 Battery PANASONIC AC14B Polymer 4S1P ATL 4 cell 3220mAh Main COMMON KT.00405.005

60032811 LGC 4CELL3.22 Battery LGC AC14B (5.5mm) Prismatic 4S1P LGC 4 cell 3220mAh Main COMMON (KT.0040G.004 add Acer logo) KT.0040G.006

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Preadtor said:
    Preadtor said:
    once can you check this....

Preadtor you have a 66.3% wear level in your battery that means its faulty more than half of the cells are dead will not accept charge anymore so it will not accept the designed capacity  i suggest you to get a new battery replacement of if still on warranty send it for a replacement battery i dont have a clue how you managed to get this wear percentage in your battery as i have my G3-572 for 18 months always on AC 24/7 and i only have 8.4% wear this makes me think you had been playing on battery only for many times and for long periods of time which you should never do it will heat up a lot and damage the cells permanently the battery was not meant to be used to gaming its main purpose its to aid the adapter only when this one cannot provide enough power to the cpu/gpu and should only be used on battery on light work and only as an emergency if no other options available to connect it to AC as @egydiocoelho and @JackE stated above theres no other solution but replace it because it will only go down from now on will come to the point it will not accept at charge at all and your adapter cannot provide enough power itself for high demanding tasks/games you will suffer high performance drops

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Preadtor
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @xapim
    I won't play games in my laptop .
    Only pubg emulator I will play ,that to by keeping  laptop on charge. Even if the  laptop comes to 100 % also I will use my laptop without removing charge..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @xapim It is very likely that the notebook was stored in some store for a long time until it was sold to the user, as reported by colleague JackE. It is just a possibility.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Preadtor
    Options
    today it's showing this 

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Preadtor said:
    today it's showing this 

Either you played PUBG Mobile on TGB Emulator on battery or your Laptop was stored for much more time like others have already stated. Get it replaced from Acer Service center. Here's my 19 months old G3-572's battery info:

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Preadtor said:
    today it's showing this 

It doesnt matter what it shows your battery still faulty get it replaced either on warranty or out of warranty

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Preadtor
    Options
    What will happen if I use my laptop on charge even if  it is 100%.....
    Whether it is a problem or not....????
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Preadtor said:
    What will happen if I use my laptop on charge even if  it is 100%.....
    Whether it is a problem or not....????
    I do that always. The effect can be understood by the picture I and @xapim shared above. Our wear is so much lower than yours. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Preadtor
    Options
    However if I buy I new battery, it may also be placed aside for some days by the manufacturer right ,so like how can I know whether the battery is new or not.(As u said if battery was kept aside for so many days the battery will be destroyed)

And one more thing what is mean by this wear level....??