Updating Helios 500 (AMD) Graphics Driver

Options
2»

Answers

• Hunteil
    Hunteil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

10/2022 and the Acer Predator Helios 500 RX Bega 56 drivers are still getting uninstalled automatically from windows updates. It happens even from the security updates. I just delay my updates for months at a time and when it finally kicks in again... It's so maddening. Acer! Please reach out to Microsoft to get them to accept the hardware driver requirement being safe please please please! Like the reply above said, $2000 laptop should have a stronger support package. I love this laptop, I can play current age triple A graphic games like a champ but this driver issue is abysmal. Please help contact your AMD to also get them to register the safe driver too. The most recent driver from AMD using the automatic driver detection tool does work amazingly. We just need companies to talk to each other and submitted verified graphic card drivers to Microsoft's database.

• Khelgar
    Khelgar Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

I have personally given up updating the graphics drivers for various issues and have been using a very old one. If this laptop has 9/10 hardware, software is 2/10 at best.

• NiteNinja
    NiteNinja Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

After installing the drivers from AMD's website, and Windows then overrides you, you need to go to the device manager, and right click on the Vega 56 in your display adapters and go to properties. In there, there is a drivers tab, inside that, is "roll back driver." Click that and it'll roll it back to the driver you installed and tell Windows to stop updating it... Until you update your drivers again.

• LennartF
    LennartF Member Posts: 69 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Which driver version is recommended to use with this laptop?

I have windows 11 right now freesync seems to work if i install the orginal amd driver from Acer 17 something and getting it to work if i upgrade to 19.12 not with s clean install then freesync stops working.

I have thestatic noise when it falls a sleep however no static if it goes to sleep on original graphic driver.

Has someone tried windows 8.1 just wondering if it has same problems there ?

One option could maybe trying a custom version of windows 10 or 11 and see if it works better hope someone here has same laptop and test things

It'd not s bad laptop but software support sucks

https://windowsreport.com/best-windows-11-custom-iso/