Upgrading Predator Orion 9000-600 from 8700k to 9900k

Options
2»

Answers

• Dauphinois
    Dauphinois Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I have given up on this project as I have wasted too much time and it is too challenging to troubleshoot that motherboard without proper documentation.
    I have brought back the CPU to the retailer and got my money back.

Instead I will upgrade to Ryzen 9 3900x or 3950X with a new X570 motherboard.

Thanks egydiocoelho for your help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The service manual does not provide any method for unlocking cpu. However, I found these differences in the bios, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dauphinois
    Dauphinois Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    After several months of research, I have just replaced the motherboard and the i7-8700k with a inexpensive AMD bundle found locally.
    It includes an AMD Ryzen 9 3900 processor with Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard.
    So far the performance is impressive.
  • Rybre81
    Rybre81 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hi. Do you.know if the acer predator orion. Intel i7.
    Mobo will take a evga rtx 3080 ti ftw. I have a gtx 1080 but when I put new gpu in I just get black screen. Also this is the only page I have found answer. Thank you 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Rybre81 you should start a thread of your own, so more people will look at it. What model Predator do you have? How big is the power supply? the RTX 3080 ti uses a lot more power than the 1080 did...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rybre81
    Rybre81 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    @Rybre81 you should start a thread of your own, so more people will look at it. What model Predator do you have? How big is the power supply? the RTX 3080 ti uses a lot more power than the 1080 did...
    3080ti takes about 750 watt of power my psu is 1000 watt. Don't know what you mean by model ?snid number ?? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So the model number that the original poster in this thread has is a PO9-600. If yours is also a Predator Orion 9000 then you'll likely be a PO9-600, 610, 620 or 630 with four more digits after, so something like PO9-610-UR11...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.