Undervolting Acer nitro 5, did I do right?(AN515-54-79EL )

DS001
DS001 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Model Name: AN515-54-79EL 
Part Number: NH.Q5BED.072
Spec
9gpu:1660 ti 6gb
cpu:i7-9750h
system: Windows 10 Home

I wanted to undervolt my cpu because the temp was very high. So I downloaded the Throttlestop, but am not very sure if I have done it correctly.

I tested first with different volt and run the ts bench with size 64M, 256M and 1024M to see if there are any errors (I did not know what the differences are between them and i can not find it either, so i just ran all three of them.). After doing few tests, i found that -135.7 mV would not cause any error. Btw, i have -135.7 mV on CPU core, CPU cache and IntelGPU and the rest is still 0V. After that I did a stresstest on prime95 on both samll and large FFTs for 10 min each, and it did not cause any reboot either. So, am I done or is there still any thing that i should do?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,651 Pathfinder
    @DS001
    Check the below thread for more info on undervolting your Nitro
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/544318/need-help-undervolt-acer-nitro-5

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • muad007
    muad007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    DS001 said:
    Model Name: AN515-54-79EL 
    Part Number: NH.Q5BED.072
    Spec
    9gpu:1660 ti 6gb
    cpu:i7-9750h
    system: Windows 10 Home

I wanted to undervolt my cpu because the temp was very high. So I downloaded the Throttlestop, but am not very sure if I have done it correctly.

I tested first with different volt and run the ts bench with size 64M, 256M and 1024M to see if there are any errors (I did not know what the differences are between them and i can not find it either, so i just ran all three of them.). After doing few tests, i found that -135.7 mV would not cause any error. Btw, i have -135.7 mV on CPU core, CPU cache and IntelGPU and the rest is still 0V. After that I did a stresstest on prime95 on both samll and large FFTs for 10 min each, and it did not cause any reboot either. So, am I done or is there still any thing that i should do?
    did you have any problem until now with the CPU until now because I want to undervolt my CPU and GPU as well and then do stress test on prime95 to make sure that it is working my laptop is acer nitro 5 
    processor: amd ryzen 5 2500u with radeon vega mobile gfx
    graphics card : radeon rx560x series

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    Nitro 5's are designed to run hot. AMD Ryzen and Intell CPU's and GPU's up to 97 deg c and failsafes in the laptop wil cut in if the processor gets too hot. If you are not experiencing any problems why are you throttling back?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★