Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Need help! Undervolt Acer nitro 5.

Jayjdd2Jayjdd2 Posts: 4Member New User
I buy Acer Nitro 5 few days ago with spec i5-8300H GTX 1050 4GB and 12GB. I played GTA 5 at ultra setting and the temp around 92°c. I was worried and I found solution at this community. I undervolt It until -0.190V and apps start to crash and restart on its own. Does it mean I already over undervolt?

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,775ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Yes, that's way too much, start with -0.120v and slightly increase in small numbers until it becomes unstable.
  • Jayjdd2Jayjdd2 Posts: 4Member New User
    @brummyfan2 I start from -0.110v and it became unstable at -0.190v. i was using intel xtu and I tested with stress cpu only. Should I use other software for more accurate?
    edited May 2018 Accepted Answer
    Then reduce it to -0.180v, -0.175v in steps, I guess -0.150 will be stable but you have to find the most stable voltage by testing for your laptop.
    Intel XTU is OK but if you want to try, use Throttlestop, you can find all the steps for undervolting in the link below.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/
    @brummyfan2 do the stress cpu on Intel xtu is enough?
    Yes, you can do the stress test on Intel xtu.
    @brummyfan2 thanks for your help. Seems like -0.170v would good for me. If I go around -0.170v, the power limit throttling will be on.
    You are welcome :)  
  • BogdanX904BogdanX904 Posts: 25Member Troubleshooter
    Then reduce it to -0.180v, -0.175v in steps, I guess -0.150 will be stable but you have to find the most stable voltage by testing for your laptop.
    Intel XTU is OK but if you want to try, use Throttlestop, you can find all the steps for undervolting in the link below.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/
    Thanks a lot. I was playing Subnautica and my whole system froze. It got high temperatures, about 97 degrees Celsius. -0.175 is the right one for me. In the stress test is dropped like 10 degrees. You always help people :)