Painfully slow A315-31!

2»

Answers

• Orangepeel
    Orangepeel Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Disk is really up and down. But what does that mean? 
  • It's all normal! However, I'm finding ram memory consumption too high! Try disabling unnecessary services and programs like this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho, Can you direct me to this page please? 
  • Yes! Press windows + r and type msconfig; then go to services, hide microsoft services, and disable all services. Then go to programs and disable them all!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Ok I did that! 🤞🏼
  • You will see that more RAM will be available!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Ok thanks again, I’ll let you know!
    Obrigado! 😊
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Sad to say it’s just as slow as ever! And now I suspect some necessary services are missing? Since reset my printer is no longer recognised (expected) but when I go to add printer I get X The active Ditectory Services is currently unavailable
    I’ve tried re-enabling all services but it’s still the same 😢
  • Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager? About the printer, in addition to enabling the services, did you activate the programs again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

No the disk is not 100%, it’s up and down as before. I’ll check on the programs. Thanks
  • Could you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Aspire 3 A315-31-C8R1
  • Unfortunately you can not upgrade ram! But you can add a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 512gb, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-31/61907

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AgnaldoAG4
    AgnaldoAG4 Member Posts: 1 New User

I’ve read almost every comment and I came across already with the of my task management ( I didn’t really understand it) because it’s unstable, sometimes the disk is at 0%, 78%, 90%, goes down and up all the time. But my concerning here is that my Laptop is running really slow. 

It’s an Acer Aspire 3 ( A315-31-C92W):

*1000 GB HDD; 
    *4 GB DDR3 L Memory; 
    *Intel Processor N3350.

Maybe 4GB of memory is low for a 1000 GB HDD… I don’t know. 
    Hope to have a feedback soon from you. Thanks. 

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @AgnaldoAG4

I think increasing the DDR3L RAM to 8G will help a lot. Also, the CPU is weak too, and you are still using mechanical HDD, no wonder it is slow. I always suggest to people upgrading the spinning HDD to a 2.5" SATA3 HDD and migrate Windows there as a boot drive, because it is the best value performance boost.

After the SSD and RAM upgrade you should be somewhat satisfied. If you still have other issues, please start your own new thread, as this thread is already a couple years old.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @AgnaldoAG4

Oops ! My mistake. I suggest people to use 2.5" SATA3 SSD, not HDD. SSD has read speed ~500MB/s+, mechanical HDD has read speed ~ 105 MB/s.