Painfully slow A315-31!

Orangepeel
Orangepeel Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Hi everyone! New person here! Can’t find this question in search so here goes!
I bought this laptop late last year, it was slow from the start and has virtually ground to a halt. I’m not talking about internet speeds, specific software etc. but EVERYTHING! Click or press a key and wait minutes for anything to happen, if I’m lucky!
Just done a reset but it’s no better. What can I do? 
It’s still under a year old so I could send it back under guarantee but that’s gonna be such a hassle! (Bought through Uk Amazon but live in France).
Thanks in advance for any help.

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply but I can’t even open task manager. Just a never ending revolving blue circle! 
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Trying that now but not getting that option. Clicking troubleshoot,advanced options, then:get choice of system restore,startup repair,back to previous version, command prompt, system image recovery, UEFI Firmware settings. Where am I going wrong,can you run me through the stages?
    (thanks in advance for being patient with me)
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Tried start up repair, it couldn’t repair anything.
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Oh ok reset this pc reinstalls windows. So yes I already did that (mentioned in my initial question).
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Hello! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?
    Is there a shortcut or other way of opening task manager so I can check? 
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

If not how can I return it to Acer for repair? 
  • Enigma9051
    Enigma9051 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Boot up in safe mode and run disk defragment from there.
  • I would like to confirm with you if you have done the video procedure:
    https://youtu.be/SXzt3grQcUU

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Thanks for the advice Enigma9051, very much appreciated but I’ve no idea how to do that.
    Thank you Egydiocoehlo for all your advice so far, but the Youtube link won’t open on my iphone, and obviously I can’t see it on my laptop 😤. Can you tell me the full title so I can search it on Youtube? Thanks
  • Type in youtube "alt + f10 acer"

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

I would like to confirm with you if you have done the video procedure:
    https://youtu.be/SXzt3grQcUU
    Thanks I’ve seen it now. Yes I have already reset as shown in the video, and things have just got worse. It boots up ok, I put in my pin and it opens up, but then I just can’t do anything. I click on the tile icon and just get the turning blue circle.
    I’m going to try reset once more though 🤞🏼
  • Orangepeel

Tinkerer

I think I’m at the point where I really want to send it back to Acer (or smash it up, that would be fun!)
    So here’s another question for you guys: when I try to contact Acer through the website it asks for either serial number, or SNID. When I put in either one I just get a blank page and can’t go any further. Maybe again this is because I’m using Chrome on my iphone? Any suggestions?
  • About the blank page, have you ever tested in another browser?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

Ok guys I’ve gone through the reset process again and this time it’s made a difference! I’m guessing it didn’t fully complete first time. It’s still not fast but I am now able to open apps and use the thing!
    As I said in the first place it was always slow from the beginning, do I just need to add more RAM? It’s only got 4GB ...

Anyway thanks for your advice and your time, I do appreciate it! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • About slowness, did you check if the disk is 100% on the task manager all the time?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

About slowness, did you check if the disk is 100% on the task manager all the time?
    No it’s not all the time, it’s constantly changing. Lowest I’ve seen is 87%.
  • What services are most using hd?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Orangepeel

Tinkerer

https://youtu.be/KHQ6sZQnP-A
    This any help? 🤗