Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Is it safe to leave my laptop charged at 100%?

KhianOrlandJuanKhianOrlandJuan Posts: 15Member Troubleshooter
They said that it is okay because there is a new technology in our Nitro 5 (2018) that prevents from overcharging.

IS IT TRUE?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,530 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    They said that it is okay because there is a new technology in our Nitro 5 (2018) that prevents from overcharging.

IS IT TRUE?
    Hi,
    Yes, that's true, you can use the laptop always connected with the AC adapter even the battery is fully charged, I have used a laptop for more than 7 yrs like that and the battery was not affected except the normal wear.

FAQ & Answers

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 10,289ACE Trailblazer
    Good night KhianOrlandJuan !

First, understand better about laptop architecture.
    The components (mainly processor and GPU) only achieve maximum performance when plugged into the power outlet.

There is absolutely nothing "overload".

Ideally, always use the appliance connected to the power outlet and with the "High Performance" plan of the WIndows.
    Using only the battery, the system architecture does not allow maximum machine performance to be achieved.

In addition, the current lithium batteries do not suffer from the "vice" effect and act as an extra layer of safety against surge and strain in the network.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Trailblazer 2014 - 2019                          

• KhianOrlandJuanKhianOrlandJuan Posts: 15Member Troubleshooter
    MaClane said:
    Good night KhianOrlandJuan !

First, understand better about laptop architecture.
    The components (mainly processor and GPU) only achieve maximum performance when plugged into the power outlet.

There is absolutely nothing "overload".

Ideally, always use the appliance connected to the power outlet and with the "High Performance" plan of the WIndows.
    Using only the battery, the system architecture does not allow maximum machine performance to be achieved.

In addition, the current lithium batteries do not suffer from the "vice" effect and act as an extra layer of safety against surge and strain in the network.

I'm sorry, it seems I can't directly point out what's your answer..
    but then, I assure that I will take note of what you've said . :)
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,530ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

IS IT TRUE?
    Hi,
    Yes, that's true, you can use the laptop always connected with the AC adapter even the battery is fully charged, I have used a laptop for more than 7 yrs like that and the battery was not affected except the normal wear.