Is it safe to leave my laptop charged at 100%?

KhianOrlandJuan
KhianOrlandJuan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
They said that it is okay because there is a new technology in our Nitro 5 (2018) that prevents from overcharging.

IS IT TRUE?

Best Answer

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night KhianOrlandJuan !

First, understand better about laptop architecture.
    The components (mainly processor and GPU) only achieve maximum performance when plugged into the power outlet.

There is absolutely nothing "overload".

Ideally, always use the appliance connected to the power outlet and with the "High Performance" plan of the WIndows.
    Using only the battery, the system architecture does not allow maximum machine performance to be achieved.

In addition, the current lithium batteries do not suffer from the "vice" effect and act as an extra layer of safety against surge and strain in the network.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• KhianOrlandJuan
    KhianOrlandJuan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    MaClane said:
    Good night KhianOrlandJuan !

First, understand better about laptop architecture.
    The components (mainly processor and GPU) only achieve maximum performance when plugged into the power outlet.

There is absolutely nothing "overload".

Ideally, always use the appliance connected to the power outlet and with the "High Performance" plan of the WIndows.
    Using only the battery, the system architecture does not allow maximum machine performance to be achieved.

In addition, the current lithium batteries do not suffer from the "vice" effect and act as an extra layer of safety against surge and strain in the network.

I'm sorry, it seems I can't directly point out what's your answer..
    but then, I assure that I will take note of what you've said . :)
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    They said that it is okay because there is a new technology in our Nitro 5 (2018) that prevents from overcharging.

IS IT TRUE?
    Hi,
    Yes, that's true, you can use the laptop always connected with the AC adapter even the battery is fully charged, I have used a laptop for more than 7 yrs like that and the battery was not affected except the normal wear.