Windows 10 1903 update

Options
1laptopuser
1laptopuser Member Posts: 89 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Work Intel VGA driver support RS4 for Acer Aspire 575g with windows 10 1903 update?

Best Regards

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    I think you meant to ask 'Will the next major Win10 update install on my E5-575G?'. It might. It might not. If it doesn't, you'll have to wait and see if the major fall update will install. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1laptopuser
    Options
    No, when i update to major Windows 10 1809 my intel graphic get bricked and i needed to install a previous Intel driver.
  • JackE
    Options
    So you're saying the older driver worked OK for 1809 which was also code named redstone4 RS4? Then there's no problem with 1809 RS4? You might or might not have the exact same issue with 1903 or the next major Fall update and need to rollback to the old driver. We have no way of knowing what Microsoft will do and don't know what Microsoft's code-names will be. But probably not RS4. Maybe RS5 or RS6? That's the nature of major Win10 updates.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1laptopuser
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I just want to have the latest driver installed from acer product support page, and that driver support Redstone4 (RS4) which is the Major windows 10 1803 update.

and my simple question is does that driver work with Major windows 10 1903... anyone?

• JackE
    Options
    1903 was released yesterday. So now you can tell the rest of us ACER users here whether it works or not on the E5-575G . Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TF21045
    TF21045 Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
  • TF21045
    TF21045 Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    PLEASE?!?!
    I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
    our device only passes the updates is my old Lenovo H30-50 2014 ver. ...
    I am stuck at this for 3 days.
  • JackE
    Options
    "Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved."

Consider yourself lucky that it didn't install and mess up the machine. Wait like everybody else with this issue for the next major update and hope that it installs without messing up your machine. You will still get extended maintenance updates for the version of Win10 that it's running on  right now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1laptopuser
    Options
    If you have an external USB device, SD memory card or UFS card attached when installing Windows 10, version 1903, you may get an error message stating "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10
  • 1laptopuser
    edited May 2019
    Options

did it work?

and if it worked which intel driver do you use?
  • LaSimo
    LaSimo Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Still not available :angry:  my laptop is not yet ready....
    ... waiting...
    I don't think that this is machine old enough to be an issue for drivers fixes and so. I'd suggest Acer to give up with proprietary drivers and allow the laptop to update with the latest available versions. Last year the integrated Intel video chipset had buggy drivers and it wasn't possible using "ordinary" way to use the updated drivers released by Intel, since Acer didn't recognize them as installable :(