Acer Nitro 5 secondary display - Acer Nitro AN515-51

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mohaattef
    Mohaattef Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi guys 
    Is this problem srill on or it was a matter of the game it self?
  • HarryConnor
    HarryConnor Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    tobimaru said:
    Correct, the USB-C on the Nitro 5 does not support video out.

You're in a bit of a predicament because your model has a 1050 Ti with HDMI out only which will struggle to put out a full consistent 144Hz (if at all). Some low quality HDMI cables will not be able to display this, I think only up to 60FPS is officially supported. I believe this may be the screen freeze you are experiencing if it is not actual stutter from the GPU.

For my Nitro 5 I went for a middle option Acer GF246 which is 75FPS. HDMI doesn't struggle too hard to push this, and the GPU as well can maintain a steady 75FPS across many titles. If I plugged in a 144Hz display, I would probably see the same stuttering. The GPU and CPU temps would also rise as they work harder to push the higher framerate.

Try limiting the framerate in game to something like 90 and enable V-Sync. See if the stutter goes away.
    Strobber said:
    Hey,
    I have an Acer Nitro AN515-51 laptop which is currently connected to an external monitor (Acer KG271Cbmidpx) that supports 144Hz. Now I've tried several HDMI cables but I'm not sure if it's actually using 144Hz. A bigger issue however is that during some games I occasionally have a 1-2 second screen freeze.. An option I thought of is using the USB-C port to get a cable going to the Displayport of the screen. Before trying this I checked online but it doesn't seem like this laptop's USB-C port supports display is what I gathered from other posts. Is this true? If so how do I solve these screen freezes cause they're really annoying.. I don't have the issue if I just use my laptops monitor.

Thanks in advance
    In addition to the tips of fellow tobimaru, this notebook has an hdmi 2.0 input! Have you checked that your hdmi cable has the 2.0 specification?
    This may seem slightly off topic but I'm sure you will all be interested to hear some developments and if possible we may be able to work together to properly solve this conundrum once and for all. Please see below - another thread in this community where we're discussing a closely related topic:

Our fellow community member Wreck has just tested connecting his side monitor from his Nitro 5 through USB-C and it is functioning!!
    Wreck said:
    Weird. The HDMI to type c didn't work at all. The cable Type-C to Type-C works and the Type-C to Type-A adapter work. 
    That's amazing news! I am super glad it worked out for you Wreck. Looks like things are heading in the right direction, finally!! 

So we can see the display is working from USB-C to USB-C on the side monitor, which is amazing!!......but I am very keen to know if G Sync is capable on the side monitor as well from the USB-C port on the Nitro 5? It's the last missing piece of the puzzle that according to every possible forum on the interwebs has no clear definitive answer. The issue of full 144Hz support and operation is another key question for monitors connected this way.

With the announcement from display port that they now fully support USB-C (https://www.displayport.org/displayport-over-usb-c/), all signs point to the fact that YES - G sync is capable through USB-C from the Nitro 5's USB-C port to a g sync compatible monitor - most likely through a USB-C to Display port cable. No matter how hard I try I cannot find anyone out there who has actually tested it, the answer still eludes me.

I am very keen to find out if I can actually get g sync and 144hz running on a new monitor from the Nitro 5, albeit with a USB-C to DP adapter, and if this is the case if anyone has tested it???

Any help is greatly appreciated as I know this is brand new territory for all but if we can get a definitive answer on this the Nitro 5 once again becomes a fully viable gaming machine, both on the go or at home with a nice big fast monitor.

Let's put our heads together people and actually solve this one once and for all!

Much love and appreciation!

APOLOGIES FOR THE LENGTHY POST BUT I THINK WE ALL NEED THIS!!
  • REX1234
    REX1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    im prob gonna get a 144 hz monitor in some days ill check if its possible to use it in 144 hz with any cables
  • REX1234
    REX1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yes i was successful to run the msi optix g24c4 144 hz with hdmi cable in my acer nitro 5 2019