Laptops restart automatically

Deepanshu_Arya
Deepanshu_Arya Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop restarts automatically when started in normal mode like someone switched out its battery, but there is no such problem in safe mode, I have freshly installed Windows 10 on my TravelMate 5720 so there is no chance of virus or windows problem , I am really frustrated as the laptop really slow down my products results

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'advanced system'. Click 'view advanced system settings' in left pane. Click 'startup and recover' settings button. Uncheck the 'auto restart' box. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'advanced system'. Click 'view advanced system settings' in left pane. Click 'startup and recover' settings button. Uncheck the 'auto restart' box. Jack E/NJ
    This is not working, i also tried to use other os , i tried to run android too but again in android to its restart like somebody took out its battery and power but it work fine in safe mdoe
    any other solution please
  • JackE
    Sorry, your machine was only certified to run properly under ACER-specific version of Win7, not generic Win10, not Android, not Linux or not any other currently available non-ACER specific operating system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Sorry, your machine was only certified to run properly under ACER-specific version of Win7, not generic Win10, not Android, not Linux or not any other currently available non-ACER specific operating system. Jack E/NJ
    i ran win7 but when i got frustrated of this problem i tried different OS and found the same problem....

• JackE
    If you are 100% sure it runs OK in Win10 safe mode, then Win7 should run fine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you are 100% sure it runs OK in Win10 safe mode, then Win7 should run fine. Jack E/NJ
    it work 100% fine in safe mode of windows 10 and windows 7 both but it has same issue in both operating system if it is started in normal mode
  • JackE
    What was the original factory-installed operating system? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What was the original factory-installed operating system? Jack E/NJ
    Windows 7 32 bit
  • JackE
    Did you make a backup copy of the ACER Win7-32 system partition or the hidden ACER Win7-32 recovery partition? These are not the same as the Microsoft generic Win7 versions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you make a backup copy of the ACER Win7-32 system partition or the hidden ACER Win7-32 recovery partition? These are not the same as the Microsoft generic Win7 versions. Jack E/NJ
    no, I didn't, but it worked perfectly on genric win7 it had this problem from last 2 years 
  • JackE
    You said it doesn't re-start in safe mode. Are you actually physically using or moving the machine in safe mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    You said it doesn't re-start in safe mode. Are you actually physically using or moving the machine in safe mode? Jack E/NJ
    let me describe the issue again:
    my this laptop came with windows 7 installed in it, it worked mindblowing but from recent 2 years it has been in this issue, the issue is if the windows(or any operating system) is started normally then it restarts automatically at any moment but if the operating system is started in Safe mode/Safe mode with CMD/Safe mode with networking, the laptop works fine,
    now I am really frustrated with this problem because I cannot do my most of the work. If you cannot help me with this issue you may help me in an another way by guiding me to enable graphics card/webcame/fingerprint and all other featrure of windows which are not started in safe mdoe. Kindly help me ASAP

• JackE
    I understand the issue. I'm trying to determine if moving or otherwise physically disturbing or using the keyboard keys is causing an internal safety interlock switch on the mainboard to activate/trip and restart machine. That's why I'm asking if you actually move or physically disturb or work on the machine when its in SAFE MODE as much as you do if the machine was in NORMAL MODE. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I understand the issue. I'm trying to determine if moving or otherwise physically disturbing or using the keyboard keys is causing an internal safety interlock switch on the mainboard to activate/trip and restart machine. That's why I'm asking if you actually move or physically disturb or work on the machine when its in SAFE MODE as much as you do if the machine was in NORMAL MODE. Jack E/NJ
    thanks for the reply,
    here what I concluded with a little survey
    When the laptop is started in normal mode(assume windows is freshly installed)
    now it may proceed on in 2 different ways:
    1st, it may restart/trip from windows password screen as it loads
    2nd, if it does not trip then it will successfully log in and will show desktop, it will not trip until I try to do something, 
    I here also tried to 3 different methods
    1st, as windows login to the desktop I only used the keyboard to anything which at any time lead to trip[/restart
    2nd as windows login to the desktop I only used the touchpad to do anything which also at any time lead to trip/restart
    3rd as windows login to the desktop I only used the USB mouse to do anything which also at any time lead to trip/restart

but when it is SAFEMODE use anything that you want, start it as you want, if it is started in safe mode you can forget about the trip/restarts 
  • JackE
    If you can get it in normal mode, press WIN+i keys. Click 'system'. Click 'about'. Please post screenshot of result. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    If you can get it in normal mode, press WIN+i keys. Click 'system'. Click 'about'. Please post screenshot of result. Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Open task manager in normal mode. What is memory usage?

Also open the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open your browser. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Open task manager in normal mode. What is memory usage?

Also open the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open your browser. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

i cannot generate battery report as the service is not started in safe mode and I cannot stay in normal mode for even 20-sec before that it restarts
  • JackE
    Try re-seating the RAM module several times to try to clean its contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deepanshu_Arya

Tinkerer

edited June 2019
    JackE said:
    Try re-seating the RAM module several times to try to clean its contacts. Jack E/NJ
    Already did nothing acheived...😔