Still cannot fix for Acer E15 blue screen of death! HELP!(Acer E15-571P-59QA)

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,700 Trailblazer
    Options
    You posted this BIOS Security tab earlier. Try erasing secure boot in the Security tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva
    FevaDiva Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options
    Erased All Secure Boot, F10 to save & exit, rebooted, entered password, then a pause & a small cursor blinking with blank screen popped up for 2 seconds (which is new), then held ALT+F10 being pressed repeatedly, Acer logo showed up with circling dots (no Please Wait or Preparing Automatic Repair), waited for several long minutes, then the ;'( blue screen popped up for split second saying error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME, rebooted itself, entered password with ALT+F10, Acer logo popped up with Preparing Automatic Repair then black screen. These 3 reboot errors (Please Wait, Preparing Automatic Repair & Unmountable Boot Volume) keep rotating ending with a black screen but no luck to ALT+F10 prompt. I do notice the laptop underneath is getting hot...whereas the working laptop that I'm using isn't as hot and it has been on much longer.
  • JackE
    Options
    Go back into the BIOS menu with the F2 key on startup. I would like to see a screenshot of your the Information tab and Boot tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Options
    Resending it. Not sure why it didn’t get posted earlier today. 
  • FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Here’s boot tab
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I haven’t done anything with updating to Windows 10 yet.>>>

The HDD looks OK in the BIOS. But the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery failure is troublesome. Do you recall ever trying a free Win10 trial test drive that Microsoft offered in 2014 to all Win8x and some Win7 users? Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Not sure. I believe it crashed when the computer was doing windows updates. 
  • JackE
    Options
    The reason I asked about the freebie suck-'em-in Win10 trial version that Microsoft offered about 5 years ago, is that it often wiped out the hidden ACER Win8x recovery partition. So the ALT+F10 reset wouldn't work anymore.  I think that's what we have here.

Accordingly, you seem to have two choices at this point. (1) You can download and try to install the Microsoft generic version of Win8.1 for free on a USB stick at this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery. (2) Or you can try to get the original ACER flavored version of Win8.1 on a USB stick for about $50  at this link https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/

What's the difference between the Microsoft generic and ACER flavored Win8.1 versions besides $50??? The ACER version has all the correct device drivers. The Microsoft generic version probably won't and will also make you jump through a hoop or two to get the system activated if it actually installs OK --- usually just a toll free Microsoft phone call to confirm your machine's OEM serial number id (SNID).

No guarantees that any of this will work but it may be worth a shot. If it were mine, I'd probably try the freebie generic Win8.1 version  just to see if it'll get past the blue screen and install. Then make a decision on if trying the ACER Win8.1 version is worth spending $50.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• RAJU2529
    RAJU2529 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    FevaDiva said:
    I tried to look for solutions from existing questions but I was not able to fix my computer issue. I have an Acer E15-571P-59QA that displays the BSOD saying Preparing for Automatic Repair then it goes to black screen.  I tried Alt-F10 numerous times and didn't work. F8 didn't work either.  However, F2 did take me to BIOS but I don't know what to do next. Where do I go?  I believe the laptop has Windows 8. I want fix the BSOD issue AND I want to keep my files if possible. I don't have USB or a rebootable disk.  PLEASE HELP!  I haven't given up on this laptop yet!
    there are many reasons  To getting  BSOD , to analysis what causes  BSOD , I need  memory dump  file, it will be  stored under C:\\windows
    or in C:\windows\minidump\

find the files and share to online storage  and share the uploaded ink , 
    I will analysis the root causes .

Normally  bad graphics drivers , bad  corrupted  application , incompatible application and  other reasons are there 
  • FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack - I will try to reinstall WIN per your instructions but will I be able to recover lost files after installation? 

RAJ - I cant even get to command prompt or windows to try your recommendation. :(
  • JackE
    Options
    The two Win re-install options should allow for saving your personal files if possible. Another alternative is to remove the hard drive and hook it up to another computer with a USB port HDD adapter (very inexpensive less than $10) and try to read the drive and copy your personal files to the other computer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ