Still cannot fix for Acer E15 blue screen of death! HELP!(Acer E15-571P-59QA)

Options
FevaDiva
FevaDiva Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I tried to look for solutions from existing questions but I was not able to fix my computer issue. I have an Acer E15-571P-59QA that displays the BSOD saying Preparing for Automatic Repair then it goes to black screen.  I tried Alt-F10 numerous times and didn't work. F8 didn't work either.  However, F2 did take me to BIOS but I don't know what to do next. Where do I go?  I believe the laptop has Windows 8. I want fix the BSOD issue AND I want to keep my files if possible. I don't have USB or a rebootable disk.  PLEASE HELP!  I haven't given up on this laptop yet!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,697 Trailblazer
    Options
    Were you running the original Win8.1 or did you try to run Win10? If you installed Win10, the original hidden ACER Win8.1 recovery partition is probably no longer viable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    I haven’t done anything with updating to Windows 10 yet. Just trying to fix the BSOD issue first without hoping to lose files.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Try this. Completely shut the laptop off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Under the BIOS Main tab, make sure the D2D option is enabled. Then F10 to save setting and exit. Afte doing this shut the machine completely off again. Then turn it back on  and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You can follow on screen instructions to refresh the system to factory settings while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    followed the BIOS screen to match the Main options, turned off completely, waited 30 secs, then turned on then immediately held ALT & pressed F10 repeatedly. No recovery screen popped up. Just Preparing Automatic Repair then black screen. I wished I can get to Recovery screen. What to do now? 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>then turned on then immediately held ALT & pressed F10 repeatedly. No recovery screen popped up.>>>

Turn it completely off again. Then before turning it on again, press and hold both ALT + F10. While still holding the keys, press the power button to turn the machine back on. What happens when you hold both keys? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Options
    While ALT+F10 is pressed, turned on the power and still same problem. Acer logo appeared with Please Wait and dots circling then to black screen...
  • Laptop_Gaming
    Laptop_Gaming Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    - Try Reinstall Microsoft windows and Update full driver. If not, try replacing RAM or HDD
  • FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    So...I tried something different...I saw a forum here about battery reset...I followed the instructions in several ways and a blue screen error (Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart..." popped up this time (which didn't always when I rebooted) and I recorded the video to capture the quick error message: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME before it rebooted to Acer logo then black screen. Anyone familiar with this?
  • JackE
    Options
    Go back into the BIOS menu by tapping F2 immediately after turning the machine back on. Check the BIOS Information tab to make sure the Hard Disk Driver HDD is recognized and described. Then go to the BIOS Boot tab to make sure the HDD is in the boot order --- I suspect that it isn't. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    HDD is recognized and described. In Boot tab, I moved HDD from 2 to 1 on top.  Reboot and same error...Preparing Automatic Repair then reboot itself, then Acer logo then black screen.
  • FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Just rebooted - same error: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you set a supervisor password to change the boot order? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    There’s no password set. Do I need to have one? Password is Clear in BIOS.
  • FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Here’s a screenshot 
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes. The ALT+F10 recovery method might simply be ignored by the BIOS unless you first set and save a password. Do not forget this password. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    I was really excited hoping that could be the issue but nope. After setting the supervisor password and enabled at boot.  Rebooted, pressed ALT+F10, then was prompted a password, then pressed ALT+F10 repeatedly...still same Acer logo with Please Wait with dots circling then black screen. Tried again...rebooted, Acer logo then Preparing Automatic Repair with idle dots circling then black screen. Should I try to enable boot f12 in Bios?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Rebooted, pressed ALT+F10, then was prompted a password, then pressed ALT+F10 repeatedly>>>

What happened when you entered the password after getting the password prompt? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    It went to Acer logo with Preparing Automatic Repair then black screen or Acer logo with Please Wait then Black Screen. 
  • JackE
    Options
    You've got to disable secure boot in the BIOS Security tab. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• FevaDiva

Tinkerer

Options
    Security Boot disabled in Boot tab. There was no Secure Boot in Security tab. Rebooted, entered password, pressed ALT+F10, Acer logo with Please Wait with circling dots then black screen.