Acer Aspire E 15 with Windows 10 doesn't wake up from sleep

Options
2»

Answers

• DanielleO
    DanielleO Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I ran into this same issue also, and tried absolutely everything I could in regards to updating all hardware drivers, bios, disabling hybrid, disabling sleep, etc.  I found a workaround, which isn't a fix, but does allow the laptop to be usable without frequent hard shutdowns.  I uninstalled the Intel graphics driver completely (which reverts to Windows Basic Display Adapter, then kept screen and sleep settings set to never.  Then told computer to "hibernate" when I shut the lid (not sleep). Now at least it does go into a successful hibernation, where I can hit power button to wake it from hibernate successfully.  I believe this is an issue where the new builds of Windows 10 are butting heads with this Intel graphics driver, and Acer may need to come up with a new BIOS to fix this.
  • Valor
    Valor Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    DanielleO said:
    I ran into this same issue also, and tried absolutely everything I could in regards to updating all hardware drivers, bios, disabling hybrid, disabling sleep, etc.  I found a workaround, which isn't a fix, but does allow the laptop to be usable without frequent hard shutdowns.  I uninstalled the Intel graphics driver completely (which reverts to Windows Basic Display Adapter, then kept screen and sleep settings set to never.  Then told computer to "hibernate" when I shut the lid (not sleep). Now at least it does go into a successful hibernation, where I can hit power button to wake it from hibernate successfully.  I believe this is an issue where the new builds of Windows 10 are butting heads with this Intel graphics driver, and Acer may need to come up with a new BIOS to fix this.
    I'm having the same exact problem.  Could you please post a screenshot showing what you did to fix it on your end?
  • polaalex
    polaalex Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Were you able to fix this by changing the driver? I'm having the identical problem with the same laptop model. Thank you!

Edited the content by removing unrelated 3rd party link
  • CarolynKay
    CarolynKay Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    I had a terrible problem with this issue. Turns out the computer WASN'T GOING TO SLEEP. I found this post, which worked for me. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/452458/#Comment_452458
  • Bahodir
    Bahodir Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    bmoodie said:
    My Acer Aspire E 15, with Windows 10, doesn't wake up from sleep. The power light remains on, and sometimes the keyboard is lighted too, but the screen is blank. Attaching to an external monitor doesn't help either. I have to do a hard reset by holding down the power button until the power light goes off. This happens several times a day, and has been a problem since I purchased the computer. I actually sent it back to the Acer laptop repair center, and they tightened some cable and then returned it. I suspect the problem is with Windows 10 interacting with the machine. Super frustrating. 
    Did you solve the problem?
  • bmoodie
    bmoodie Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm afraid I still haven't found a fix for this problem.  I have set my computer never to go to sleep when it is plugged in.  Wastes power and it still freezes when unplugged and left alone for too long.  In the latter case, and when I'm playing music on iTunes, it dies with a nasty buzzing sound.  I've now basically accepted this as routine, but it's still a shame.   :/  
  • paulosam
    paulosam Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    After so much struggling with two machines e5 576 - 392h ... the solution was the intel driver 09/08/2021 - 30.0.100.9894
  • SnarkyRaccoon
    SnarkyRaccoon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having this issue. How does one update the bios if one can't get the screen to do anything? It won't turn off unless it's out of juice or you pull the battery. I've had the battery out. I've taken it apart and cleaned it, so I can't find anything out of place and nothing seems to be wrong with it. What do I do?
  • TaRaZiO
    TaRaZiO Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2023
    Options

Expensive,

Until this date, I went through the same problem with the video turning off and the notebook hangs, only turning off forced by pressing the button. I tried with Driver Booster, but without result. Using the basic Windows driver does the trick, but loses the functionality of controlling brightness and connecting a second motor. Until I found on another forum an Acer support link to download drivers:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

I downloaded the latest BIOS version again, the same version already installed on my notebook and updated it.

Problem solved!!!

I had already lost count of how many times I had turned off the laptop today. But I fixed it by updating the BIOS.

I used the Acer application, SerialNumberDetectionTool.exe, and entered the SNID in the link above.

To check the BIOS version:

1. Press the [Windows + R] key - without square brackets - to open the Run window;

2. Type [msinfo32] and click OK

4. Check the [BIOS Version/Date] line. In my case, my version is: Insyde Corp. V1.18, 05/25/2017

I downloaded the same version 1.18 and reinstalled.

I hope it helps other users like me.

Acer Aspire E5-574, Intel Core i5-6200U CPU, Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language.

• Nowi276
    Nowi276 Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options

I own an Aspire F15 made in 2015 and I also have the same problem. 🙁