Acer Switch 10 wont turn on(SW5-271

bzoly
bzoly Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I used my notebook from charger, once I noticed the screen is black. I tought it was in stand by mode, but it doesnt react any key. The power led was blue. I try to turn it on, wont work. I try the reset procedure (power button + volume down) but it didnt help. I pulled apart. I check the audio cable, it was right. I disconnect the battery from main board and I try to turn the notebook from charger but it didnt start. (Shoud it work without battery?) I connect the battery again. The power led turned to orange, but that was all... it wont start. Does anyone have any idea? :(

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Remove charger. Check bottom for small pinhole with battery symbol. Gently insert paper clip into hole for 10 seconds. Let machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug charger back in and wait another 15mins. Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Remove charger. Check bottom for small pinhole with battery symbol. Gently insert paper clip into hole for 10 seconds. Let machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug charger back in and wait another 15mins. Then try to turn it back on. Jack E/NJ
    I cannot find this hole... Where is it exactly? Thanks
  • JackE
    What is your Switch 10's full model number? SW3xx-xx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What is your Switch 10's full model number? SW3xx-xx? Jack E/NJ
    I have an SW5 Switch 10
  • JackE
    No. The full model number must be SW5-xxx? Like SW5-111 or SW5-013 or SW5-271 or SW5-011? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

Sorry, SW5-012
  • JackE
    >>>I disconnect the battery from main board>>>

Remove the charger. Then disconnect the battery pack again for about 15 mins. Then reconnect the battery and let is set another 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in without trying to turn it on. When the charging LED changes from orange to blue, then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

Thanks, I will try it.
  • bzoly

Tinkerer

It's getting hot, at the big metal part. I think it is around 50-55 celsius. Is it normal?
  • JackE
    No, not normal if you haven't turned it on yet. What big metal part? On  the charger or the laptop? Is the charge light blue yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

The led is still orange. When I pluged the charger it was blue for about 1 second and turned to orange. Inside the tablet part next to the battery, a big metal part is getting hot. 
  • bzoly

Tinkerer

I unpluged the charger because getting hot very much. I think the charger part inside the tablet went wrong.
  • JackE
    Which metal part? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

The part marked with number two.

• JackE
    Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Then reconnect the charger but don't turn it on. Does #2 still get hot without the battery connected? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

No, it is not hot right now. But a strange chirping sound came out of the tablet so I pulled out the charger again... :
  • JackE
    OK. With the charger disconnected, re-connect the battery. Then put the cover back on. Then, with the charger still disconnected, try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

Nothing... :(
  • JackE
    Do you have a multimeter to check the voltages between the battery connector pins? It should be about 4 volts between the outer red and black wires. If less, the battery may have an internal short circuit. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bzoly

Tinkerer

Thanks, I will check it.