Options
2»

Answers

• MMK360
    MMK360 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    I would be tempted to put a bit more effort into recovering the existing install, since it won't let you get all the way into the OS. From that command prompt try first a chkdsk /R C:, that will try to repair any errors on the disk as well as scan for bad sectors. It will take a long time, so best to start it and leave running overnight. If that doesn't get you back to booting get into that same command prompt and try sfc /scannow, that will check for corrupted system files and try to correct them. If that still doesn't work try DISM as shown here. In most cases if you can boot to the recovery environment (which is where you are getting) you can correct things enough to at least boot in clean mode. Once booted you can do the ISO download and reinstall if needed. If you decide to go the reinstall route then make sure you pull all the Acer drivers down for your OS version (Win10 64bit I assume).

I tried everything I know of. I'm running out of options.

The Recovery Manager's PC Repair performed its own disk repair. Seemed to be a defrag that didn't work.

The DISM command does not support the online parameter and the rest of the parameters are unknown for some reason. I do not have an extra drive to complete the tasks in the link as well.

• rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Don't want to sound rude, but you should always have a backup then the nuclear option is the fastest.
  • MMK360

Tinkerer

Options
    rebit said:
    Don't want to sound rude, but you should always have a backup then the nuclear option is the fastest.

I agree which is why no offense taken. The reason I didn't is because I just got this computer and didn't get a chance to buy bootable media to create a recovery on before this happened.

I don't mean to sound rude either but I take it by your last post that you are out of ideas on how to fix my problem?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The tips reported by fellow billsey, may work yes! Especially the dism command, which fixes and replaces some corrupted files!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MMK360

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried them and they didn't work. Recovery Manager's Command Prompt doesn't recognize any of the parameters and I don't have blank media required as the link,he gave needs.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you have an optane memory installed? If not, try changing the onboard sata mode option to ahci! Remember that this option may break the array, and may leave windows unusable!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MMK360

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, I have Optane installed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    One question: Can you get access to these windows startup options?
    Captura de tela do menu Configuraes de inicializao no Windows 10

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MMK360

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, I can.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Choose option 5 and restart the desktop! Make sure windows starts normally!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer