Predator G3-710 Fan going into hyper drive.

Options
2»

Answers

• Necro
    Necro Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    Image number 1
  • Necro

Tinkerer

Options
    Image number 2.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Those numbers look just fine, which ones hit 90°C when the fan kicks it up? CPU, GPU, other? The fans should be PWM controlled, but it's sounding like it's more of an all or nothing instead of gradual change to match temperature set points. The solution might be a better fan or a change to internal airflow around the offending part. I wonder if anyone makes an aftermarket PID controller for CPU or GPU fans?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Necro

Tinkerer

Options
    Good evening! It's the GPU, once the temperature hits around 90, the fans go into the hyper drive 6594 RPM instead of the usual around 2000 RPM, problem is, even once they have gone so high, it doesnt seem to be cooling down, hence the constant on / off. Im really lost for ideas, its literlly driving me mad :(
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, so it's narrowing down at least! Take a good look at the GPU card, is there anything that might obstruct the airflow? Something in the way of the air intake maybe? The only reason I can come up with for the high fan speed to *not* drop the temperature is all fan and no air movement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Necro

Tinkerer

Options
    Hmm, there doesnt seem to be anything in the way, cables etc, i guess the acer case design isnt the best, not really sure how i could fix that :(
  • billsey
    Options
    When it's running can you see the GPU fans spinning? Or do they only spin in freak out mode? When they are spinning can you take a tissue and verify the air is moving? I wonder if one is installed backwards or something...
  • Talon610
    Talon610 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Was this issue ever resolved?  I have a similar problem with my acer predator g3-710 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070... HWMonitor images to follow...

• Talon610
    Options

HWMonitor Image 1
  • Talon610
    Options
    HWMonitor image 2...  all that is running is my VPN, Chrome and HWMonitor

• billsey
    Options
    @Talon610 you should start your own thread with the Ask a Question button. It looks like your issue is with the CPU cooling, not the GPU.