Predator G3-710 Fan going into hyper drive.

Necro
Necro Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Good evening, first post here in desperation to fix this issue. Iv owned my g3-710 desktop for roughly 2 years, this problem has always been here, yet now it is every 30 seconds when in any game.
When playing, at first my computer runs almost silent, yet very quickly a fan will go into some form of hyper speed, which is very very loud. Im assuming its trying to cool down, iv had to turn any game graphics down to the very lowest settings, regardless that the pc thinks it can handle ultra settings, id be deaf before that happens. Is there anything i can do?!
Thank you in advaance. 
Matt.

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good to have helped!
    If my answer was helpful, check to accept to leave as solved the topic and help others in the forum!

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good afternoon Necro !

Fans of the laptop rise to high speed when the system reaches critical temperatures that are set in the controllers and internal instructions of the chipset and Bios.
    In some cases the om is high, but it is necessary to avoid burning or short pieces.
    You may be using Sense settings to improve spins.
    However, the ideal is to keep your system as refrigerated as possible.

A good cooling base with active cooler, keep in an airy place, with cool temperature, under good heat exchange materials, such as glass, cold stones, aluminum, etc ... and maintain the highest level without osbtrucir the air intakes.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Necro

Tinkerer

Cheers MaClane - However its a desktop, is there anything i can apply to fix the problem? Other than running a desk fan nexto the pc? :disappointed:
  • MaClane
    Oh ... really!
    Sorry ... I was responding to another topic along with yours in which the other was a laptop.
    Forgive my mistake!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    In that case, make sure the internal temperatures of your desktop are high when the cooler fires.
    Use HWMonitor to check: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

Oki doke thank you! Its the GPU fan thats spinning up, from 2600rpm to 6900rpm during these "bursts" the gpu temperature is 09-93c during that high burst phase. Is there anything i can do to lower the heat? I pre-apologise as i dont know much about pc's.
  • MaClane
    What model of your GPU?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 :)
  • MaClane
    For this model, the ideal maximum temperature is 98 ° C
    So that's how cool the coolers are at high speed.
    Are the source voltages right?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

I have absolutely no idea

• MaClane
    Use HWmonitor.
    It informs the tensions.
    post a print here!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

Oki doke, Do appreciate your patience :) 
  • MaClane
    Your system is not having voltages changed but temperatures are quite high, both internally as GPU and processor.
    Even the processor is already exceeding the safe limit of this model.

I advise you to perform an internal cleaning immediately.
    If possible replace the thermal grease and try relocating the desktop to a more ventilated and airy location.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

I will get onto it right away! thank you again! 
  • Necro

Tinkerer

Could i quickly ask - is there a certain type of thermal paste i should be using?

• MaClane
    Only in high-performance systems does a more expensive thermal paste, such as ceramics or silver, become necessary.
    Just do not get one of simple or unknown brand.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

Much appreciate all the help MaClane! Have cleaned and re/done the paste today and it is much quiter! Still the occasional burst, but nothing near what it was before! 
    Thank you again.
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good to have helped!
    If my answer was helpful, check to accept to leave as solved the topic and help others in the forum!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Necro

Tinkerer

Good afternoon, Hopefully youve any more ideas MaClane, the problem has literally started again after a matter of days! Any ideas would be much appreciated :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What are your temperatures showing? What is your room temperature running as well?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Necro

Tinkerer

Good afternoon Billsey, ill attach a couple of photos from CPUID HWMonitor - The rooms physical temps are around 17-18c, My desktop itself stands ontop of the desk, i couldnt physically increase airflow in anyway there (This is kind of regarding previous comments) - the fan is gong into the hyper drive (noisy as hell) around 90c, when it stops, its literally 5/6 seconds and it starts again. This is at standard gameplay, nothing intensive, just walking around on low graphics. IIt's becoming impossibile to use the pc without being deffened :D Please say you have some answer :P Thank you as always! Matt.