Terrible battery life on Acer Nitro 5, what are my options?

Options
2»

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Nalin said:
    I am having the same problem with my Acer nitro 5. I have just bought it for a week. When I checked it's full battery capacity was also just 45800 watt hr. 

Please repost starting a NEW TOPIC for your problem then we will be happy to help, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JoshuaJwakdak
    JoshuaJwakdak Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello i just bought my acer nitro 5 and the battery life is terrible, just for Microsoft word work and i can't last 2 hours with the battery, i need a fix please, it's not worth it getting a new laptop which such poor battery. Thanks
  • Himanshu811
    Himanshu811 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Bought the laptop in November last year and I'm getting 2 hours of battery life. Have always used it plugged in but recently had to use it without the adapter and its terrible 

2hours of web browsing and that's it. 

My ACPI drivers are up to date (version 1 something)

I've tried undervolting but no changes.

What can I do? 
    I have this laptop too and I am quite satisfied with the performance and display audio quality but battery life is not too good and there's a reason behind it. First of all it's got a 48 hours battery which is not too good and second this is a gaming laptop so this is not to be used without plugging out. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Himanshu811,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • macron0
    macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options
    On the battery, how long have you had the notebook?

I have an old Medion Erazor X6816 (MD 97888) from 2012. 9 years old I got form a friend. It was almost always on main power. So the battery was hardly used.

I managed to get windows 10 on it. And just using media player 2 I could play 1 movie for 1.5 hours (over wifi smb share)  and still have 70% battery left. So I could probably watch 4.5 hours with out problems on this old second gen i7 power hungry laptop.  That was a huge surprise.

Last week I watched 3 episodes of a tv show (45 minutes) in the garden and the battery was drained on my 2 month old nitro 5. 17" i5. That was a very very bad experience. Like I have a 1998 laptop? But maybe it was the settings? I turned it to the lowest power profile. But maybe we can diable the nvidea card? or other things? to easily switch between super slow and long battery to a game killer?

I mean if such an acient laptop can last that long (how much resources does a simple 264 movie/serie take? I always download the smaller files version. Maybe max 2 gb for a movie, 300/1000 mb for an episode

I hope there is a solution. I really like the laptop. But I really hoped the battery wouold last much longer if youre not pushing it to the limits by playing games.

Acer help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    macron0 said:
    On the battery, how long have you had the notebook?

I have an old Medion Erazor X6816 (MD 97888) from 2012. 9 years old I got form a friend. It was almost always on main power. So the battery was hardly used.

I managed to get windows 10 on it. And just using media player 2 I could play 1 movie for 1.5 hours (over wifi smb share)  and still have 70% battery left. So I could probably watch 4.5 hours with out problems on this old second gen i7 power hungry laptop.  That was a huge surprise.

Last week I watched 3 episodes of a tv show (45 minutes) in the garden and the battery was drained on my 2 month old nitro 5. 17" i5. That was a very very bad experience. Like I have a 1998 laptop? But maybe it was the settings? I turned it to the lowest power profile. But maybe we can diable the nvidea card? or other things? to easily switch between super slow and long battery to a game killer?

I mean if such an acient laptop can last that long (how much resources does a simple 264 movie/serie take? I always download the smaller files version. Maybe max 2 gb for a movie, 300/1000 mb for an episode

I hope there is a solution. I really like the laptop. But I really hoped the battery wouold last much longer if youre not pushing it to the limits by playing games.

Acer help!
    I suggest you ask a new question and enter the exact model of the laptop. Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)