Terrible battery life on Acer Nitro 5, what are my options?

Options
Slipperyslipped
Slipperyslipped Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Bought the laptop in November last year and I'm getting 2 hours of battery life. Have always used it plugged in but recently had to use it without the adapter and its terrible 

2hours of web browsing and that's it. 

My ACPI drivers are up to date (version 1 something)

I've tried undervolting but no changes.

What can I do? 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ideally, you should use the battery from time to time! It is possible that the battery is de-calibrated, see: 
    https://youtu.be/e-qX8qmHxnk
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    Model number is 515-52 (i5-8300H, gtx 1050ti) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Calibrate your notebook battery!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm currently charging it to full. I should keep using it till it dies, yes? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Set the notebook to turn off when the battery reaches 5%!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PCgeek0
    PCgeek0 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Bought the laptop in November last year and I'm getting 2 hours of battery life. Have always used it plugged in but recently had to use it without the adapter and its terrible 

2hours of web browsing and that's it. 

My ACPI drivers are up to date (version 1 something)

I've tried undervolting but no changes.

What can I do? 
    This is a major problem with the Acer Nitro 5. People usually face battery issues and thermal issues after few months of usage. All you can do is learn to get used to it.
  • Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    This is a screenshot from the detailed battery report. Doesn't look good. I'll recharge it fully again and see what happens. Doubt battery calibration is the problem.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sorry my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho I think you replied in the wrong thread 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    On the battery, how long have you had the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    Bought it in November last year. Haven't really used it much. Majority of the usage was on Microsoft Word and then average of 1hr of gaming. Almost all of that usage while was on AC power
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you updated the drivers for your notebook on the intel and nvidia website? Did you put the battery in the power saving mode in the power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, updated all drivers. Laptop running in power saving mode. Power plan was balanced. Undervolted CPU, iGPU, and GPU. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try calibrating the battery again! Also, have you tried resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    How can I reset the battery? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check this video:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    Nothing changed. My battery is not holding as much charge as it should. It's been just 5 months old and this sort of degradation shouldn't have happened. How do I get a replacement unit? It's still very much in warranty.

Thanks 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, you should contact Acer support in your country!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Slipperyslipped

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you, will do. 
  • Nalin
    Nalin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my Acer nitro 5. I have just bought it for a week. When I checked it's full battery capacity was also just 45800 watt hr.