Broken right hinge A515-51G-5504

Options
vendesamsunggalaxys2
vendesamsunggalaxys2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys!

I'm having the same problem as observed in other posts around this community like here   here2 and here3.. etc. There are no signs of a drop as case is intact (see picture attached) However it hasn't yet cracked as bad as in other posts, so i can't tell how bad the problem is without tearing it apart. I just see  tension being put on the screen case every time i open / close the lid which means the hinge is broken on that side.

I am still 1 month due till the end of the warranty, given what i've checked in the SNID calculator. Should this be covered by warranty? I'm currently out of the USA (in Argentina) so idk if that is a problem in any way.
Also tried contacting some mods i found from other posts but it seems I can't (or don't know how to) DM them.

FYI the screen is still working, yet the case is being slowly degraded or cracked. I've used some very thin fishing chord to try keep it in place as i've been able to "wrap" the case's corner with it. The attached pictures show this clearly.

If it helps, S/N is NXGT0AA003xxxxxxxx
Thanks for helping!

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi!!

@vendesamsunggalaxys2 

For your information, physical damages & customer induced damages are not covered under Acer Standard Manufacturer Warranty. If you are sure that unit was not dropped anywhere and crack happened naturally, contact Acer technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and look for repair options. 
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• vendesamsunggalaxys2
    vendesamsunggalaxys2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi @Du_little
    and thanks for answering.

I presume you mean the following Acer Standard Manufacturer Warranty

Reading over that I see that Acer covers Hardware support so it should be covered.
    On the exemptions on customer induced damages such as point e)
    When the product has received any accidental or intentional physical damage or has been exposed to harmful elements such as water, acid, fire, weather, fluctuations in voltage or any other similar or analogous damage.
    The product wasn't dropped or physically damaged else it would be scratched/dented on the outside (pictures don't show this). Having used other branded laptops for years, it is very uncommon for hinges to break from the inside so I don't expect this not to be covered by hardware warranty. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm in contact with tech support at the moment, trying to figure out options for service repair outside of the US.
  • Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    Options
    In my experience, as an Acer authorized parts distributor, Acer tends to be very good when it comes to warranty. If you have any problems please contact me I'm happy to see what I can do to help. 
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303