Aspire Notebook F5 573G Hinge Broken

Options
keithsomers57
keithsomers57 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I common with several others on this forum my 6 month old laptop has a broken right hinge. Customer service say this is not their problem - I disagree as it is not fit for purpose as it has broken after just general use and has now cracked the screen as the top half of hinge and screw behind have penetrated the screen. £520 product useless after 6 months  Any ideas on how to proceed ? 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If your notebook is still in the warranty period and you have a problem with the hinge, then technical support should rather repair the notebook if it is proven that the problem was not caused by misuse of the notebook! However, if the notebook took a fall for example, then the tech support may refuse to fix it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • keithsomers57
    Options
    Thanks. Was not dropped just normal use. "Kenneth" at customer support said there are no issues with the hinges reported to Acer and that is why he said it was not covered by the warranty !!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you have how to send a picture with this problem, or has notebook been to Acer service center in the united kingdom?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • keithsomers57
    Options
    Do you work for Acer as if so I can happily send you a picture. UK centre said if I sen ***** they would charge because they say it is not covered by warranty and I say it is
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Not! Here's just a peer-to-peer community!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    I common with several others on this forum my 6 month old laptop has a broken right hinge. Customer service say this is not their problem - I disagree as it is not fit for purpose as it has broken after just general use and has now cracked the screen as the top half of hinge and screw behind have penetrated the screen. £520 product useless after 6 months  Any ideas on how to proceed ? 
    We are sorry you are having this issue on your unit, can you kindly send a picture of the issue so we can take a look and see if we are able to assist you with this issue?

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • keithsomers57
    Options
    Here you are. You will see the metal hinge has snapped in half and the plastic the screws are screwed into is broken
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I can not state with 100% certainty whether or not this is a problem caused by misuse of the notebook!
    But there have been reports here in Brazil, where the model vx5-591g also presented problems in the hinge and acer service center in Brazil did the repair within the warranty period!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    Here you are. You will see the metal hinge has snapped in half and the plastic the screws are screwed into is broken
    Thank you for sending the images. We sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Regards,
    Acer-karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    acer-karp moderator will help you!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Zypherius
    Zypherius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The left hing of my VX broke for the second time. Is in repair at my pc shop from 09-21-2021, they say the still waithing for a new lid to replace the old one. Can you help me out?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Zypherius said:
    The left hing of my VX broke for the second time. Is in repair at my pc shop from 09-21-2021, they say the still waithing for a new lid to replace the old one. Can you help me out?

Watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaHFN-W4khM&t=37s

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.