NVMe support on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R5ED not present? Why, since it is for the Intel models?

Options
13»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Also, what is the uefi firmware version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zemez
    Zemez Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    The model is a AN515-42-R5ED and I am running with the  latest 1.13 version of the Bios.
  • Zemez
    Options
    I am looking into how to unlock the features in the Bios by way of modding the bios with Insyde's bios tools, since Acer is probably not going to do so. It is going to take me quite a while to do, as I have never done it before , but challenge accepted on learning something new. Just like when I had to reprogram HP's Stupid and illegal Hardware "Tattooing" Program back in the day. 
  • Zemez
    Options
    Also I have put in a brand new Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Wireless network card, and it is working beautifully! 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not recommend you try unlocking the bios. About the driver, have you checked that the problem remains with the Acer driver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Swordsman18
    Swordsman18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is there any chance that Acer will add the ability to use NVMe m.2s? I am in an area where the only ability to get a m.2 Sata is to get it mailed. And now I have the NVMe in my system but can't use it. Please help!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Zemez said:
    I am looking into how to unlock the features in the Bios by way of modding the bios with Insyde's bios tools, since Acer is probably not going to do so. It is going to take me quite a while to do, as I have never done it before , but challenge accepted on learning something new. Just like when I had to reprogram HP's Stupid and illegal Hardware "Tattooing" Program back in the day. 

Sorry my friend that is a bad idea, you may end up with a brick

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★