Black screen after RAM upgrade attempt then TOTAL system failure. NITRO 5

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you hit a photo of your ram model?
    faststartup here:
    Resultado de imagem para fast startup
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bradon2508
    Bradon2508 Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options
    see no fastboot option in my power options 
  • Bradon2508
    Options
    system information 
  • Bradon2508
    Options
    This is the ram I bought to upgrade to. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Click "Choose Power Button Functions":

in addition, could you send a photo with the serial number of the two memories rams? That way we can look for the specifications of those memories!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    These memories support dual-channel! There must be some incompatibility with the notebook! Can the rams memories still be replaced in the store?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradon2508
    Options
    yes they can still be returned
  • Bradon2508
    Options
    You asked for a snapshot of CPU-Z so here it is the ram running from the factory is 15CL 
  • Bradon2508
    Options
    I am however surprised to see that it says single rank not dual rank for the original RAM chips. I am highly surprised but also upset that they limited this model so severely by using single channel RAM. Im beginning to wonder if the problem is more with the chipset used in the MOBO than the ram itself. If the chipset is so old that it only supports 16GB of Ram then why use it in a gaming model? 
  • Bradon2508
    Options
    this is a disturbing fact that I hadn't even considered. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I also own a similar model, the an515-51-75kz and this model does accept the dual-channel, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradon2508
    Options
    I just realized why it wont work for me. I had the right type size wise and everything except the specs for the ram in the computer based on HWINFO shows what noone else mentioned in any of the YouTube videos or other posts about upgrading the ram. Not even the Acer website mentions this specific qualification with regards to upgrading the ram. The one factor left out of every single spec detail is that the ram installed is PC4-17000 and what I bought is PC4 19200. THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME HWINFO I have admittedly been out of the hardware arena for a decade or more. Now I can make ***** sure to get something that wont fail. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    As I told you before, I own a similar notebook model! In my notebook model, a ddr4 pc4-19200 memory is installed, with dual-channel enabled, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradon2508
    edited April 2019
    Options
    FML then cus I dont know. I keep looking for answers as to why it is not working and as I said I have not worked on hardware in at least a decade. If it should work then why the hell wont it work?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think the other colleague who reported some incompatibility with cas latency, may be correct! In my opinion, do I suggest you exchange the rams memories?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradon2508
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I dont understand why the latency would be the issue tho because its so close in range its not funny! The stock 16GB(2x8GB) ram is 15-15-15-36 and the Corsair Vengeance RAM I bought is 16-16-16-39 latency, wouldnt that be so close in range that it would auto adjust to compensate? Or at the very least take a simple tweak in the BIOS to get it working?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It is not possible to make this kind of change in bios! In addition, a memory that has a cas latency CL=15, has a slightly faster clock pulse than a memory with cas latency CL=16!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bradon2508
    Options
    I know its slightly faster but still its so close in range it shouldnt matter and I should have asked this a while back but it slipped my mind how the hell does Acer allow upgrades of ram without the use of XMP in the bios?! My bios has no XMP settings that I can see. 
  • Bradon2508
    edited May 2019
    Options
    face page 
  • Bradon2508
    Options
     main page