Black screen after RAM upgrade attempt then TOTAL system failure. NITRO 5

Options
124»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend! Accept my answer that has helped you solve your problem, to put the topic as solved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Glad I could help you my friend =)!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mshartst
    mshartst Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ANOTHER SOLUTION:
    If you're using 2 or more compatible memory sticks with different ranks (single, dual, etc.), put the higher rank in slot #1 and the lower rank in slot #2. If you don't know the rank of your memory (RAM) sticks, simply download and run CPU-Z and click the 'SPD' tab. You can also use this program to identify where your ram sticks are located (slot #1, slot #2, etc.) to ensure that your highest ranking RAM stick is in slot #1. Fill the other slot with your second RAM stick and your problem should be fixed!

BACKGROUND:
    I was having problems with my Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop after upgrading the RAM. The system would boot the OS and run normally, but after a while, it would experience glitches and / or a black screen / a crash. Hopefully this is a simple solution for people in the future.

Ps - I also decided to upgrade my hard drive to the "Samsung - 860 EVO 1TB Internal SATA SSD". This hard drive is insanely fast. Boot times went from 2-3 minutes to < 20 seconds. Upgrading your hard drive is a more efficient way to speed up your PC compared to a RAM upgrade.

Hopefully this helps someone!

- Matt H.