[DISCUSSION] RAM, SSD, OPTANE??? nitro AN 515-5x

2»

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    RakaMas disse:
    i've tried undervolting with XTU, i set it with -0.150v the cpu temperature is above 85 degree after the 10 minutes test. even tho that i've been changed it, when i play game(apex legend) it crashed my laptop (restarting without reason)
    ven98 said:
    You can try undervolting the CPU with throttlestop. Undervolting isn't harmful, nor reduces performance. When the voltage is less, the CPU outputs less heat, thus reducing the temperature. If undervolting doesn't help and the temperature is still causing throttling, then repasting with a high quality thermal compound is the next step.

MaClane said:
    Good Morning RakaMas !

To try to remedy your problems, let's start with a basic setup to optimize your gaming laptop system:

1- Drop it and remove as many unnecessary applications and software from your laptop
    2- Update all drivers, especially those of the integrated GPU and the dedicated
    3- Turn off the undercurrent effects in the advanced system settings
    4- Defragment the disk (if using HDD)
    5- Configure the Windows power options for High Performance
    6- Configure the games for Maximum Performance, both on the Nvidia Panel and on the Intel HD Graphics Panel
    7- Always charge your battery from 90 to 100% when playing
    8- Only play with the laptop connected to the power outlet
    9- Set up the game options according to your laptop's specifications (Example: if your monitor has native resolution of 1080p configure the games internally for the same base.)
    10- Use an application that enhanced performance gaming, such as Razer Cortex: https://www.razer.com/cortex

This would be a basic configuration and optimization to give better performance in your games.

i'll try it later. is there any suggestion to remove the stuttering?
    This set of settings will make your system more fluid for gaming.
    If after this continue with shutterings it is because the configuration should be performed directly within the game itself.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• abe675
    abe675 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi, I already have the optane memory installed. So was wondering how can I upgrade it further. Change the optane to an SSD or HDD to SSD.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    To improve performance the ideal would be to replace Optane with an SSD.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!