Charger keeps turning on and off while plugged in, Helios 300 (G3-571)

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo, to check if there is any problem with windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • OpticDemon
    OpticDemon Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    None of them are having trouble as I checked with another charger alsoegydiocoelho said:
    Have you checked if the power adapter or dcin jack cable, if any of them are in trouble?
    Everything works fine till the battery gets charged upto 80 percent
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Yes I am sure it is from an app I have a different brand laptop I dont think I can say here it has this feature like fulling the battery and using battery power till 80 percent
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    That's why I suggest you try reinstalling windows:
    Have you tried to press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo, to check if there is any problem with windows?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • OpticDemon

Tinkerer

Options
    JohnCena said:
    Yes I am sure it is from an app I have a different brand laptop I dont think I can say here it has this feature like fulling the battery and using battery power till 80 percent
    Please suggest me a solution. I don't mind resetting my windows if it sorts my problem out.
  • JohnCena
    Options
    Hmm can you go to control panel - apps - uninstall part and can you send the screenshot of all apps there if something is private you can blur it
  • OpticDemon

Tinkerer

Options
    JohnCena said:
    Hmm can you go to control panel - apps - uninstall part and can you send the screenshot of all apps there if something is private you can blur it

• JohnCena
    Options
    Advanced system care, driver booster sounds suspicious to me. When is it started like installing something or made an update?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the versione firmware uefi?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OpticDemon

Tinkerer

Options
    JohnCena said:

JohnCena said:
    Advanced system care, driver booster sounds suspicious to me. When is it started like installing something or made an update?

I uninstalled both of them still the problem persists
  • OpticDemon

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the versione firmware uefi?
    BIOS Version:   Insyde Corp. V1.10, 8/22/2017

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if there is any service using the nvidia video card? I ask this because current models usually use battery power, even when the notebook is connected to the power adapter, to provide more performance!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    Options
    Are you able to install windows on another hdd or ssd? If yes install it or just format your computer to see it is hardware or software based
  • Jayceeoh
    Jayceeoh Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    i have the same problem... this problem started like 1 week ago and i dont know what to do.... someone found the solution?...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The only possibility that I still think might solve the problem is a bios update.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jayceeoh
    Jayceeoh Member Posts: 8 New User
    edited December 2019
    Options
    i guess i need to reinstall windows also because i have it on Legacy... that may be a problem also?... its better to have in in UEFI?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Ideally, keep it in uefi mode. However, try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo to see if that solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Jayceeoh well probably the acer recovery will not work as you have it on sata ahci legacy  and the recovery was meant to work on uefi/secureboot on only but give it a try also try to burn an acer recover drive via acer care center first if your able to just in case to keep a stock recovery saved if nothing of this works your last option its to get a windows bootable usb drive and reinstall everything at this point the acer stock recovery is gone no way to get it back unless you had created a usb drive as i mentioned previously

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Jayceeoh said:
    i have the same problem... this problem started like 1 week ago and i dont know what to do.... someone found the solution?...
    Have you tried the battery pin-hole reset? I did that and also reset my BIOS and it solved the disconnections for me.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • zakir803
    zakir803 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    hi, is there any solution about this problem?