My E5-574G-52UX usb 3.0 not working

13»

Answers

• Dummytest97
    Dummytest97 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

one more jack, i transfer .rar file from SSD to HDD and just got 400mb/s for 2 sec only and then start slowing below 100mb/s,,what problem here??

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Is it repeatable with the exact same .RAR file? I suspect the system asked the HDD to do something else 2 seconds after the transfer started. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

always like that when i transfer file,so its repeatable and transfer speed from HDD to SSD also same.dont know what happen.

• JackE
    Sorry. Not quite the same test. In the first screenshot, you're copying 3 files from Downloads to FarCry3. In the second, you're coping 2 files from Crysis2 to Desktop. It also looks like a scanner --- probably Defender if you're not running a non-Microsoft anti-virus --- is checking the compressed files before completing the copy function and slowing things up. But overall it's running at much higher speeds than USB2 is capable of which is only 60MB/s. So it's definitely operating like a USB3 port, not USB2 port. I think it's OK. Try this. Pick only one file to copy, preferrably an uncompressed file. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

can .iso file do the job,?
    HDD TO SSD

SSD TO HDD

• JackE
    I think it's fine. There is no problem with the USB3 port. Read this article and i think you'll agree. https://www.pcworld.com/article/2360306/usb-3-0-speed-real-and-imagined.html
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    does your laptop  has usb 3.0 , can you share your USBTREEVIEW with me? i want to see yours. if possible with usb 3.0 device attached
  • JackE
    Where did you download the USBTREEVIEW app? The one I downloaded doesn't have the graphical presentation? Plus I don't have the Sandisk Ultra64 so we'd be like comparing apples with grapefruits. The USB UserBenchmark app is more widely used https://usb.userbenchmark.com/  Compare your Sandisk Ultra64 results with the peak write speeds most folks are getting for the same Ultra64 model. Again, your USB3 port seems to be performing exactly as it should. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

• JackE
    This is a simple viewer app. It doesn't test the actual transfer speed of the USB stick or the USB port. I can test my transfer speed by simply using Windows File Explorer. As shown  below, mine is 8MB/s. This well below your speed because it is a USB2 stick in a USB3 port. Your USB3 port and USB3 stick are operating at transfer speeds that are more than 10 times higher than mine!!!! As I said earlier, I don't have a Sandisk Ultra64 USB3 stick to test in my USB3 port but your port and Ultra64 seems to be operating  correctly according to the user benchmark tests at this link. https://usb.userbenchmark.com/   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

i want to see this, not transfer speed test. please share yours.

• JackE
    Here you go. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

hmm, same with me just different with name ,mine usb 3.0 and yours xHCI , mean anything?
  • JackE
    (xHCI) simply means extensible Host Controller Interface. It's viewing a similar USB3 interface but on different ACER models & mainboards. Like the SanDiskUltra USB3 vs the SanDiskExtreme USB3. Similar USB3 configurations but not 100% exactly alike.

Since you still seem to be worried, I want to make sure I fully understand what's happening when you copy files to and from the SanDisk Ultra in the USB3 port. Are you saying that the speed drops off and goes very slowly transferring the last 3% of the file? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

ahh i see,you misunderstood here, :D
    i said SSD to HDD and vice versa, its internal drive not flash drive at all,,not concern about usb port anymore, :) just wonder why the speed slowing down when transfer file between them.
  • JackE
    Now we need to clarify another thing. Are both the SSD & HDD attached internally? Or is either the SSD or HDD connected to a USB port with a USB-to-SSD/HDD adapter? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

yes all drive internally connected ,, no usb port. SSD on main cable and HDD on DVD place, so no DVD on my laptop anymore.
  • JackE
    (1) Is an HDD caddy in the DVD slot?
    (2) What brand model is the HDD?
    (3) What brand model is the SSD?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

1--yes
    2 western digital 1TB
    3 Kingston 240GB

• JackE
    OK. This explains the speed variations and dropoff. The WDC is a very large capacity mechanical drive which noticeably slows down speeds during read & write cycles between the two drives and, since being indirectly connected to the mainboard through another caddy interface, might also affect this. The Kingston 240GB SSD is about average for an SSD but may show more speed variations than higher-priced SSDs depending on the number and structure of the files or folders being transferred. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ