My E5-574G-52UX usb 3.0 not working

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Try this. Open Device Manager. Click on Drives folder. Insert the Sandisk into the USB3 slot. Then right click on the Sandisk drive. Click policies ta tab. Checkmark better performance instead of quick removal. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97
    Dummytest97 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

also same jack,what to do next?
  • JackE
    Put the Sandisk back in the USB 3 slot. Open File Explorer. Right click on the Sandisk drive. Click Format. If formatted to FAT32, re-format to NTFS. If you have any files on the Sandisk that you want to keep, back them up first because changing the format will wipe everything off the Sandisk. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

i tried like you said and again after testing copying file to flash drive still got same speed and highspeed connection.

• JackE
    Is the Sandisk still set to better performance in  Device Manager? https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/660348/#Comment_660348  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

yes of course.i did that,but still same though
  • JackE
    edited March 2019
    The best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is a full ACER ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If it still doesn't perform at USB3 speeds after a factory reset, then the ports are somehow locked to or behaving like USB2 ports if no BIOS firmware updates were made after leaving the factory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

before i do that, i need your help how to access advance menu in BIOS because in my BIOS right now dont have that advance menu like i saw in youtube,i try that combination key like him but not available.

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

jack can you help me?

• JackE
    Sorry, there is no access to Advance tab in your model's BIOS firmware. Any attempt to modify the firmware to try to enable an Advance tab could brick the machine and void any remaining warranty. You need to re-set the machine to a factory fresh state using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method to determine if a likely hardware issue is causing the USB3 port to behave like a USB2 port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

hi guys ,sorry for late update, i do this cold boot and clean install and still got high speed connection and not superspeed , what could i do next?

• JackE
    Did you checkmark better performance mode in Device  Manager ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

i try did that but still same.. T_T

• JackE
    Press the WIN+R keys. Enter 'msinfo32.exe'. Please post a screenshot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

here the pic and does anyone have same model like me e5-574g can you confirm that usb 3.0 is working or not?

• JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'Choose a power plan' in the left pane. Change to 'high performance' plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

still same,so what do you think?
  • JackE
    First download and try DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for a compatible updates  https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php. If it doesn't make a difference or fails to find anything, then download and try one or two of those driver tools recommended in this link

If it still identifies the USB3 stick as a USB2 stick, then as a last resort you can try to update the BIOS firmware to v1.18 at this link
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6306?b=1
    However, be forewarned that BIOS updates are much riskier than normal driver updates since they can completely disable your machine if something goes wrong during the BIOS update process. Accordingly, you should seriously consider whether or not the risk involved is worth trying to fix an otherwise functional USB3 port operating at USB2 speeds at least with the USB3 sticks you have tried so far.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dummytest97

Tinkerer

ok jack i will try update,if i update straight to V1.18 will i get V.17 update? its improve touchpad fix,and say firmware not BIOS so its different?

• JackE
    Yes, v1.18 SHOULD vs DOES :) include all previous fixes/improvements.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ