Second SSD for TM P459-M

mardum
mardum Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

I've got a P459 laptop from work.
I've opened it up and I noticed it's got one M2 ssd and an empty slot for a 2.5" one, but no connector.
Is there a connector I can buy to get a second ssd in? (I did this on a 9360 XPS)

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    @mardum
    When you get the caddy for the 2.5" SSD the connector should come along with it.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • mardum

Tinkerer

Hi Jack,

Do you have a link or a part number?

Thanks
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @mardum
    Sorry, i dont have that info
  • signifyr
    signifyr Member Posts: 9 New User
    Mardum, I have same issue; bought a Crucial MX500GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) SSD (part #CT500MX500SSD1) which is guaranteed to be compatible. Chat support can't (or won't) help as there is--get ready--no instruction document for upgrading. What have you found out?

• @signifyr have you ever tried to get hd support here? https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • signifyr
    egydiocoelho. Thank you. After entering the required info I get a message that reads "Part number NX.VDVAA.001 is not valid for this form."

• Have you tried contacting technical support? https://www.netnow.cl/livezilla/chat.php
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • signifyr
    egydiocoelho: that's a bad URL. I already contacted Chat support and they cannot help and will not send me a technical service manual, gave me a case number and have to call Level 2 support which seems ridiculous for something as common as upgrading storage disk.
  • Have you called technical support? Have you already registered your notebook on the website? I'm not sure, but I think this kit is only available for some models!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mardum

Tinkerer

I also need a display cable for this laptop.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    mardum said:
    Hi,
    No, that cable is not suitable for your model, I couldn't find the Part number for the cable, please contact Acer Service centre and they will be able to help, the actual cable looks like in the snip attached.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    mardum said:
    I also need a display cable for this laptop.

Hi,
    This cable also not suitable, this is a LVDS cable and you need a eDP 30 pin cable, I can not find the part number for this as well but you may be able to get it from the label on the current cable(snip), in any case, please contact Acer Support centre for the availability of the cable.

• mardum

Tinkerer

Thanks @brummyfan2.
    I still have the original cable in the laptop.
    Just didn't find the time to take it out and look for a part number.

Any info is welcome.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    @mardum! Is your model P459-M or P459-g2-M? If it's the P459-M, these are the cables:

On edp cable, you should check the code on your notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mardum

Tinkerer

@mardum! Is your model P459-M or P459-g2-M? If it's the P459-M, these are the cables:

On edp cable, you should check the code on your notebook!

egydiocoelho you're a star!

It is P459-M

• Here is a code:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mardum

Tinkerer

Awesome!

Thank you!
  • You are welcome!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• signifyr
    edited March 2019
    egydiocoelho: thanks for the great detective work. I can get the HDD/SSD cable from Acer but will have to pay for it. Problem is that Acer no longer has the HDD/SSD assembly kit; will not send me the tech service manual so I can see which socket and where the interface is on the system board. Would you know where to find which bracket/module is compatible with the P-459M? Thanks.