Laptop doesn't see M.2 SSD in Bios or anything for that matter(Nitro 5) AN515-42

Options
13»

Answers

• Rahulraj0660
    Rahulraj0660 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    i dunno how it happened, but after various tries, the system automatically started picking up OS from SSD and it seems to be cloned now
    i can see the boot priority order automatically picking up from SSD now

Anyways, thank you all for trying to help me out!
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    You are welcome!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,473 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you want to boot from the SSD you need to clone all the partitions from the old drive to the new drive. Just one or two will not do it... When it's correctly cloned you still won't get a boot entry other than Windows Boot Manager, but you will likely have two of those, one for each of the EFI partitions, so one on each drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • techlordjay
    techlordjay Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello,
    It sounds like you may have purchased a PCI-e NVME SSD. If you are looking at the motherboard with the dual fans on top, the first m2 slot is strictly PCI-e only, the second M2 slot is a combo of PCI-e or SATA SSD. Put it in the top PCI-e slot, go to BIOS, highlight the second tab and press CTRL+S together. It will bring up a selection for SATA mode, change it to AHCI mode so that the system will recognize your new drive. You may have to create a partition for the new OS upon installation.
  • oXoTRICKYoXo
    oXoTRICKYoXo Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    i put a samsung 980 nvme m.2 in 2nd slot, didnt work, didnt register at all
    put the same samsung 980 nvme m.2 and managed to instal windows on it
    put the origional m2 in the 2nd slot again wouldnt register
    whats the point in advertising a laptopp with 2 x m.2 slots if one doesnt or wont work

oh and it doesnt register 2nd slot on bios or disc management . only ever the 1st slot no matter what i put in it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @oXoTRICKYoXoIdeally, you should ask a new question, stating the model of the laptop.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Blazer25
    Blazer25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I have the same issue. The SSD shows in Windows 10 Installer but not in the BIOS. I tried every solution i find here and the SSD is nowhere to be found even though it recognizes my previous ssd.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Blazer25I suggest that you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • teddysgame
    teddysgame Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    As of Nov 2021, I was able to install my second M2 Drive. I bought a Western Digital NVME M2 SSD. I am using AMD. This is how I enable it. Go to bios (F2) during boot to go into bios to check if the SSD is detected. Then, you may go into System > Storage > Disk & Volume to check if windows can detect your new SSD. The SSD was not detectable at first in my computer, but after I format it in Disk & Volume, it can then be detected and used. So guys, no, u do not need to go with SATA. M2 is way faster than SATA anyways.
  • SteffanB
    SteffanB Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Make sure the SSD is connected well. Go to Device Manager. If it is not there, run a Memory Diagnosis. Then go to Device Manager and you should see it. Go to Disk Management and you will see the disk but not allocated. Click it and select New Volume, and follow the instructions (mostly just Next). Voila.

• Stanko4525
    Stanko4525 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I managed to work this problem out this way:
    i downloaded a windows image iso and installed it on m2 nvme disc (the one that bios couldn't see) as portable windows on a different pc, then connected it to acer laptop with usb c m2 reader, booted up windows, downloaded all drivers that windows offered me and after that, i put nvme disc back to acer laptop m2 slot and it worked fine after that.