Why does my Predator G9-793 freezes and glitches sound while playing games then restarts?

Options
2»

Answers

• andresacross
    andresacross Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Have you updated your BIOs?
    I have an issue with my Predator 17 where it would black screen after a short period of time, updating the BIOs fixed it.
    Yes, I have updated the BIOS and it didn't fixed it
  • andresacross

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    Perform a acer factory reset to fresh install windows but backup everything you might need first after press alt+F10 on boot
    Did it and no luck either
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried this?
    OK! Uninstall and delete the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager and restart the notebook! 
    Resultado de imagem para desinstalar driver da bateria no gerenciador de dispositivos
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andresacross

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried this?
    OK! Uninstall and delete the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager and restart the notebook! 
    Resultado de imagem para desinstalar driver da bateria no gerenciador de dispositivos
    Yes I did, did that first and then I factory reset the PC
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you used this program to update the other noteboo drivers? https://drp.su/en
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Please go to www.userbenchmark.com and post your results...
  • andresacross

Tinkerer

Options
    asad814 said:
    Please go to www.userbenchmark.com and post your results...
    UserBenchmarks: Game 82%, Desk 61%, Work 49%
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ - 58.9%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 (Mobile) - 94.6%
    SSD: Intel Raid 0 Volume 256GB - 91.6%
    HDD: HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5" 1TB - 63%
    RAM: Kingston ACR24D4S7S8MB-8 1315 BLS16G4S240FSD.16FBR ACR24D4S7S8MB-8 32GB - 67.1%
    MBD: Acer Predator G9-793
  • Kobac
    Kobac Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I've been having this issue for some weeks now. Every time I'm playing the laptop works for 20 minutes approx. then randomly freezes and the sound loops as a glitch and stays there until a hard reset or it will turn off then takes some time to turn on again. The problem doesn't present when I have the laptop unplugged from the AC Adapter but I'd have to use lower graphics quality to do so.

I've been reading online and doing things trying to fix this but nothing has helped so far.

I've tried updating the graphics card's drivers, updating BIOS, changing power profiles and power settings, changing Nvidia settings, uninstalling the Nvidia Experience App and using discrete graphics mode so far.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Hey i have the same model as you and i experienced the same problem as you. Little back story, after around 2 years after i bought my predator 17x i decided to re paste and clean fens, witch went perfectly and my fens and temp went a lot down. Long story short same thing started as soon as i did that.
    After weeks and hours spent on reopening my laptop, checking forums etc... one thing fixed my issue, one thing no one mentioned online xD ***** Reltek audio driver <---- ***** ( i might add after removing that driver my laptop had mini freezes on loading screens and screen change but after i removed that driver it shocked me how smooth it was !!) try that and let us know did it work in your case. 
  • andresacross

Tinkerer

Options
    Kobac said:
    I've been having this issue for some weeks now. Every time I'm playing the laptop works for 20 minutes approx. then randomly freezes and the sound loops as a glitch and stays there until a hard reset or it will turn off then takes some time to turn on again. The problem doesn't present when I have the laptop unplugged from the AC Adapter but I'd have to use lower graphics quality to do so.

I've been reading online and doing things trying to fix this but nothing has helped so far.

I've tried updating the graphics card's drivers, updating BIOS, changing power profiles and power settings, changing Nvidia settings, uninstalling the Nvidia Experience App and using discrete graphics mode so far.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Hey i have the same model as you and i experienced the same problem as you. Little back story, after around 2 years after i bought my predator 17x i decided to re paste and clean fens, witch went perfectly and my fens and temp went a lot down. Long story short same thing started as soon as i did that.
    After weeks and hours spent on reopening my laptop, checking forums etc... one thing fixed my issue, one thing no one mentioned online xD ***** Reltek audio driver <---- ***** ( i might add after removing that driver my laptop had mini freezes on loading screens and screen change but after i removed that driver it shocked me how smooth it was !!) try that and let us know did it work in your case. 
    Thanks Kobac! I ended up selling the laptop and building a desktop PC. Too much trouble, sent it to guarantee services they said they fixed it I ended up paying more money and three hours after using it happened again, haha.
This discussion has been closed.