Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Disassembly instructions for A715-71G

George0George0 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Where can I obtain disassembly instructions and service manual for the Aspire A715-71G? Acer support from official site provides only dumb user manuals. However on a forum post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549457/aspire-7-a715-71g-55c6-nvme-support there is a screenshot with a related 278-page pdf document.

Best Answer

• JackEJackE Posts: 21,148 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    The mainboard thermal modules are also similar as shown in the image below. Seven screws need to be removed. Then lift the module off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,148 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    This is nearly the same disassembly procedure The biggest issue is prying apart the case without breaking the plastic clips after removing the screws. I use credit cards and plastic drywall applicators. Still break them. As far as service manuals go, they'll likely eventually show up for users on sites like the manuals library if you can't find what you need on this users forum.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • George0George0 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    JackE said:
    This is nearly the same disassembly procedure  The biggest issue is prying apart the case without breaking the plastic clips after removing the screws. I use credit cards and plastic drywall applicators. Still break them. As far as service manuals go, they'll likely eventually show up for users on sites like the manuals library if you can't find what you need on this users forum.  Jack E/NJ
    Thanks, this procedure is detailed enough, but what about heatsink removal for reapplying thermal paste in the future?
    Accepted Answer
    The mainboard thermal modules are also similar as shown in the image below. Seven screws need to be removed. Then lift the module off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • MrBedsocksMrBedsocks Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently took my computer apart and i didn't realize i firts neaded to detach the hard drive. I ended up just taking the hard drive and the thing it connects to out and i am tryingbto figure oit where the ribbon i pulled out goes
    For the A715-71G  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ