Disassembly instructions for A715-71G

George0
George0 Member Posts: 24 Networker
Where can I obtain disassembly instructions and service manual for the Aspire A715-71G? Acer support from official site provides only dumb user manuals. However on a forum post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549457/aspire-7-a715-71g-55c6-nvme-support there is a screenshot with a related 278-page pdf document.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The mainboard thermal modules are also similar as shown in the image below. Seven screws need to be removed. Then lift the module off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited January 2019
    This is nearly the same disassembly procedure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knwZBByK2U  The biggest issue is prying apart the case without breaking the plastic clips after removing the screws. I use credit cards and plastic drywall applicators. Still break them. As far as service manuals go, they'll likely eventually show up for users on sites like the manuals library if you can't find what you need on this users forum.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• George0
    edited January 2019
    JackE said:
    This is nearly the same disassembly procedure  The biggest issue is prying apart the case without breaking the plastic clips after removing the screws. I use credit cards and plastic drywall applicators. Still break them. As far as service manuals go, they'll likely eventually show up for users on sites like the manuals library if you can't find what you need on this users forum.  Jack E/NJ
    Thanks, this procedure is detailed enough, but what about heatsink removal for reapplying thermal paste in the future?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The mainboard thermal modules are also similar as shown in the image below. Seven screws need to be removed. Then lift the module off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrBedsocks
    MrBedsocks Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently took my computer apart and i didn't realize i firts neaded to detach the hard drive. I ended up just taking the hard drive and the thing it connects to out and i am tryingbto figure oit where the ribbon i pulled out goes
  • JackE
    For the A715-71G  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Deura
    Deura Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi!

I have an Acer A-715 71G. Is it possible to separate the two fans from the cooling structure (the two fans and the copper heat pipes) ? I know how to dismantle the whole structure, but I don"t know how to extract one fan in particular.

Thank you and have a nice day

• George0

Yes you can separate each fan from the cooling structure, after removing the bottom laptop cover, remove the 2 screws from each fan and disconnect the 4-pin cable connecting each to the motherboard.