TC-865-NESelecti5 - SSD recommendations

Options
2»

Answers

• techiefl
    techiefl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Anybody can put a picture up, but I don't see areal answer here. I don't have the computer in front of me. I'm assisting my nephew long distance. Yeah it supports NVME. Does it support NVME PcIE 4 lanes? Does it use a M dual notch or D single notch. I really don't see a single answer here that specifies specifically. Going to remove the Intel Octane memory. Anybody have a good answer?
  • techiefl
    techiefl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Anybody can put a picture up, but I don't see areal answer here. I don't have the computer in front of me. I'm assisting my nephew long distance. Yeah it supports NVME. Does it support NVME PcIE 4 lanes? Does it use a M single notch or B/M dual notch 2 lanes? I really don't see a single answer here that specifies specifically. Going to remove the Intel Octane memory. Anybody have a good answer? Sorry disregard my first post.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The TC-865 supports Intel Optane memory, so it does 4 lanes for the PCIe M.2 port. It doesn't matter if the socket is M or B+M, as long as it has 4 lanes it supports the faster SSDs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • fiddlesticks1
    fiddlesticks1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have installed (with the help in my son) the SSD and Win10 on SSD. How do I migrate programs on the D drive to the SSD. I have noticed the HDD does not show in the BIOS only in file manager.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    What you should have done is to clone the old drive onto the new one. That moves all your programs and files at one time. It sounds like instead he did a fresh install of Windows on the new drive? If so you have to reinstall the missing programs...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.