My Acer Laptop keep freezing on charge(Acer Aspire ES1-533)

Options

Answers

• LucaM
    LucaM Member Posts: 28

Tinkerer

Options
    No. On the Device info on the website for Microsoft
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,547 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Click on Programs. Do you see BitLocker installed or any recognise any other programs you might think shouldn't be installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    I tryed doing a search of my Hard drive for the shortcuts and applications for BitLocker. Started all the applications found for BitLocker Nothing. I the files on my laptop lead the my laptop having BitLocker but The laptop booting up dose not read the files for sum reason I have the files for it but It won't read them(I didn't put the files there They were ready there)

• rebit
    rebit Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Backup your user files and clean install W10 from a USB stick using the Media Creation Tool. It's the long quick way to a solution,
  • JackE
    Options
    LucaM OK. Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds to completely shut down the machine. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10. The ACER recovery screen should appear as shown in the video below. Follow instructions to factory refresh your machine while saving your personal files. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    I can't go on YouTube because. Iike I seed My Acer is not Online and I'm posting this from school meaning I can't go on YouTube
    Plus Using the "F" keys disables the main keyboard The boot menu or recovery screen dose not come up any more The only way is for me to go into settings to do it. Also I have Wiped my laptop because of all the issues that are going on

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try the tips from fellow JackE! But please try also to check if updating the video drivers solves the problem: www.intel.com
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    IT'S NOT MY VIDEO DRIVER! This issue started when I got a windows 10 update.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Options
    For which version was the windows updated? 1803 or 1809? You have already tried to restore windows, as said JackE?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't know but I know I got the update from when i first got it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Press windows+r and type msinfo32 for checking the version of windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LucaM

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Options
    I got it on the 7/06/18 I started it up It updated then a month late it updated That's when it started freezing on charge
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Update the notebook drivers with this program: https://drp.su/en
    Uncheck all programs and leave only the drivers to be installed! Check to see if it solves the problem!
    As I told you in the previous tip, the latest version of bios fixes something with respect to the display!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Options
    Also, you really don't have to be online to try the ALT+F10 coldboot reset. You don't  need to watch the youtube video. Just shut the machine off.  Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Just reset it as per the instruction on the recovery screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    My laptop when booting and the pressing the ALT+F10 keys dose not bring up the menu
    Pressing the "F" keys while booting It just disables the main keyboard on the laptop 
  • JackE
    Options
    Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key. To enter the BIOS menu. Go to the Main tab and enable D2D option. Then save settings and exit. Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on again and try the ALT + F10 reset again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    That dose not work!
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options
    LucaM said:
    I can't go on YouTube because. Iike I seed My Acer is not Online and I'm posting this from school meaning I can't go on YouTube
    Plus Using the "F" keys disables the main keyboard The boot menu or recovery screen dose not come up any more The only way is for me to go into settings to do it. Also I have Wiped my laptop because of all the issues that are going on

If you've wiped your laptop, I'll give you three different options to get your computer working again.

Option 1

Order your original Acer OEM factory recovery media from Acer so you can get a fresh start.

In the USA, use the link below

https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery

If in Canada, use the link below

https://store.acer.com/en-ca/erecovery/rcd

If outside the USA and Canada, use the link below.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Option 2

Install vanilla Windows 10.  Use the Microsoft Media Creation tool to create your USB flash drive media.  You'll need to create the USB media on a different computer.  And on your es1-533, you'll need to make sure the F12 boot menu is enabled in the BIOS so you can boot the USB flash drive.  After you install Windows, just let Windows automatically download and install your drivers.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Option 3

Install ubuntu using the specific installation method by sladek90 in link below.  You'll need to download the Ubuntu iso and create your USB flash drive media with rufus....with the rufus settings: UEFI (non CSM), GPT, FAT32

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

https://rufus.ie/

https://askubuntu.com/questions/862946/unable-to-install-ubuntu-on-acer-aspire-es1-533
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JackE
    Options
    Something's wrong here Jordan. Either this machine was originally purchased without the factory-installed ACER-flavored Win10 or, as you suggest, all the partitions including the hidden ACER recovery partition, might've been somehow wiped. Since this is an Oz machine, the ACER recovery stick might not be easy to get there. I'd recommend that LucaM  try the ALT+F10 recovery method one more time by immediately pressing the keys well before the ACER logo splash screen appears. Usually it's too late if you wait till the ACER logo appears. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucaM

Tinkerer

Options
    It don't not work because some program(It's not a vises. It lets you have more control over the laptop. I install this after the freezing problem  ) disabled pressing ATL+F10 to open the menu. I can't change it back. no mater what it will not work.
    Unless I change the hard drive(I don't want to do that I don't have the money)