acer E5- 475G No bootable device

zasn
zasn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
after windows 10 latest update my device shut down suddenly. I turned it on and gave an error of no bootable device. I took to acer service center who told me that they will charge me  THB 800.00 and keep the device for 5 days just to tell me why this error happen. However, unofficially they said most likely that I will need to replace the hard disk, after they inspected it of the records, which was very nice of them and I appreciate it. Given the choice between waiting for 5 days and most likely paying a lot more for a replacement HD which is also of low quality, and buying a new HD myself I chose the 2nd option. My question now is I am still getting the same error "No bootable device" I don't know how to get my laptop to work. I will appreciate any assistance please. I don't have a usb boot flash drive and don't know how to make one or get one?? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated
Regards 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    The first HDD most likely didn't have any fault. Most likely the windows update corrupted the windows in some way and the boot manager couldn't detect the corrupted windows, so it showed ' no bootable device'. 'No bootable device' doesn't mean the HDD is dead, it means that the boot manager hasn't detected a drive with an OS to boot from.

The reason why this happens with the second drive is because the drive is empty and you have to install windows on it.

In order to install windows you need another working device.

Go to this webpage and select the version of windows you want to install and make sure that you select to download the ISO file.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Then follow the instruction from my post from this link:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/542349/my-aspire-v5-431-is-not-going-beyond-acer-logo-after-starting-it#latest
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!