Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do I make the left and right click on my touch pad both a left click

Hi I have an acer Aspire V5 and I would like to make the touchpad right click a left click too. Is there any way I can do this because I would like to just press down on the touch pad with two fingers to right click. I also noticed if you press down on the left click section with two fingers it doesn't right click. Is there maybe a different driver I can get for it; I have a synaptic pointing device driver? Thanks in advance.

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE Posts: 13,459ACE Trailblazer
    What is your V5's full model number? V5-xxx or V5-xxxG? Jack E/NJ
  • EthanSandumEthanSandum Posts: 7Member New User
    V5-571P-6866
    Try this. Jack E/NJ

My two-finger tap action is already at value 2. if you could tell me what values mean what I could probably figure it out for myself unless you have more help. thanks 
    So just to confirm, I want to make it so on the left button you can use two fingers and press down in order to right click. I also want to make it so in the right button if you use one finger and press down that it will left click. buy buttons I mean the portion at the bottom of the touchpad that you use for left and right clicking normally. It's really hard to explain what I mean
    I think I know what you mean. Let's try this. Press the WINkey+Rkey. Enter 'main.cpl'. Click on the Buttons tab. Checkmark 'switch 1* & 2* buttons for the touchpad. See what happens. Jack E/NJ 
    This is what I have can you send a screenshot of what I'm supposed to do
    What I meant was to switch from right to left handed operation to see if that will allow one finger touch to give you a left click, and a 2 finger touch a right click, no matter where your fingers touch the board. If that doesn't work, then checkmark click lock and change time intervals to see if that'll make a difference. Jack E/NJ
    That didn't work
    Check your BIOS Main tab for a touchpad advanced options menu. Jack E/NJ

the main tab doesn't have all of the touchpad stuff but I think if we go back registry editor we could find some edits that can work. 
    Export regedit to a text file before making any registry changes as you could disable the system.  Registry items and values aren't well documented and most fixes found on line are stumbled upon and not necessarily applicable to your particular hardware. It might be safer to experiment with different synaptics drivers. Jack E/NJ