Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Strange freeze bug - Acer Nitro 5

2»

FAQ & Answers

• EntriasEntrias Member Posts: 2 New User
    II get the same thing but in Overwatch, or any direct x based game, i can play minecraft all day. this has ***** me off so much i basicly only use this laptop for a youtube box at this point.

ive made a post on LTT forums dunno if i can link out to it
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,829 Pathfinder
    Although your computer has a later version of Direct x installed you will still need direct x 9.0c so download and install it. if it solves your problem click "YES" to accepted answer
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• BogdanX904BogdanX904 Member Posts: 43 Enthusiast
    So I was watching a livestream and my laptop randomly froze. I turned it off and on(by holding the power button for 10 seconds) and I got this while it was turning on.
  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,209 Trailblazer
    That's just fixing file corruption errors from an abnormal shutdown. Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • AziroazideAziroazide Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Hello all,
    I bought my Acer Nitro AN515-52 couple of months ago and since then it has undergone more than a dozen of services but the initial problem still persists and the engineer that comes for repair seem unable to understand the problem. It's the same problem with me i.e. I was playing Dota2 and all of a sudden the game froze, I checked if it was over heating but the temperature was normal and I had to force restart it. I've complained a couple of times, every time the engineer comes and reinstalls windows and couple of weeks later same problem arises. It's not just with Dota2, it happens with any graphic requiring task and not just games. My Spyder froze and all of a sudden I lost all my data as I had to reboot it.

Kindly help, as I came earlier to this forum too and have tried everything that you guys have told to do.
    Thank you.
    Specs:

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,209 Trailblazer
    >>>every time the engineer comes and reinstalls windows and couple of weeks later same problem arises.>>>

Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. In the box that pops up is System Protection turned on? Jack E/NJ
    Jack E/NJ
  • andylbandylb ACE Posts: 3,829 Pathfinder
    Have you set up the Nvidia Control Center correctly? Please follow all my instructions below

Make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in your Windows Power plan select High Performance when on AC and in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and click Manage 3d settings tab, then click the Global Settings tab and change Preferred Graphics processor from Auto select to your Nvidia GPU, do this by clicking the downward arrow to the right of Auto Select and select the Nvidia GPU. Then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU. Do the same under the Set PhysX Configuration tab

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★