Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    NTG said:
    XdxD said:
    NTG said:
    on status is said: running
    startup type column: Manual(Trigger Start)
    I was hoping for a quick, easy solution. You described it as opening into a loop. That sounds like what my son's was doing. When I tried to open Predator Sense, the (triangular) logo would appear in the center of the screen for about 3 seconds, blink and repeat, but would never open. I checked in Services and it wasn't running. As soon as I started it, then it would open. So I set the Service to Automatic and haven't had any trouble since. I can't get it to open when it's set to Manual. My son always runs it anyway, so I don't mind it being on automatic. But if yours says it's Running, I'd think it'd open. I always like to try the simplest solutions first, so if you'd like, you can try setting the Service to Automatic, Start it, and see if it opens.
    When it starts looping, close it using the 'x' in that animation at top right corner of it. Then again run Predator Sense (if animation doesn't start, try running again). Will open this time for sure since that's what I have been doing since Windows 10 April Update.
    its stays in loop when i try to so that
    Do you try this after stopping those processes?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    Options
    Where is PSense file located? I couldn't find it in Program Files(x86)/Acer
    I don't remember off the top of my head (and I'm not on that laptop) but if you're using Windows 10, just go to Predator Sense in the Start Menu, right-click, and click Open file location (it might be in the "More" menu when you right-click).
    The loop you guys are describing is exactly what my son's was doing and it was because it wasn't running in Services. Setting it to Manual caused it not to run and I'd just get that Predator Sense logo blinking. I had to set it to Automatic. It didn't work for NTG, but others can try it.
  • NTG
    NTG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    XdxD said:
    NTG said:
    XdxD said:
    NTG said:
    I was hoping for a quick, easy solution. You described it as opening into a loop. That sounds like what my son's was doing. When I tried to open Predator Sense, the (triangular) logo would appear in the center of the screen for about 3 seconds, blink and repeat, but would never open. I checked in Services and it wasn't running. As soon as I started it, then it would open. So I set the Service to Automatic and haven't had any trouble since. I can't get it to open when it's set to Manual. My son always runs it anyway, so I don't mind it being on automatic. But if yours says it's Running, I'd think it'd open. I always like to try the simplest solutions first, so if you'd like, you can try setting the Service to Automatic, Start it, and see if it opens.
    When it starts looping, close it using the 'x' in that animation at top right corner of it. Then again run Predator Sense (if animation doesn't start, try running again). Will open this time for sure since that's what I have been doing since Windows 10 April Update.
    Yes
  • UniverseGOD2525
    UniverseGOD2525 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Where is PSense file located? I couldn't find it in Program Files(x86)/Acer
    I don't remember off the top of my head (and I'm not on that laptop) but if you're using Windows 10, just go to Predator Sense in the Start Menu, right-click, and click Open file location (it might be in the "More" menu when you right-click).
    The loop you guys are describing is exactly what my son's was doing and it was because it wasn't running in Services. Setting it to Manual caused it not to run and I'd just get that Predator Sense logo blinking. I had to set it to Automatic. It didn't work for NTG, but others can try it.
    I made Predator service to automatic, ran it, restarted the laptop to test again. Didn't help for me as well.I think it is time Predator Sense devs release an updated Predator Sense now that it is not working with new Windows updates.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    NTG said:
    XdxD said:
    NTG said:
    XdxD said:
    NTG said:
    Yes
    Don't stop any process. Just try to do as I said in order, i.e., after it starts looping when you first time try to run it after boot.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Try reinstalling the Turbo Boost driver from Acer's website for your model and also run PSense in Windows 8 compatibility mode
    I have reinstalled Turbo Boost driver but it still is not opening. Where is PSense file located? I couldn't find it in Program Files(x86)/Acer
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\PredatorSense

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• UniverseGOD2525
    UniverseGOD2525 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    xapim said:
    Red-Sand said:
    Try reinstalling the Turbo Boost driver from Acer's website for your model and also run PSense in Windows 8 compatibility mode
    I have reinstalled Turbo Boost driver but it still is not opening. Where is PSense file located? I couldn't find it in Program Files(x86)/Acer
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\PredatorSense

first, the path in my pc is C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\PredatorSense Service
    Second, there is no PSense file in there. Files inside are: PSAdminAgent, PSAgent, PSCreateDefaultProfile, PSlauncher, PSSvc, PSToastCreator
    I have tried to run all of them in windows 8 compatibility mode but it didn't help.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Well that is the path where my PS is installed and should be the default for everyone unless acer changed it somehow which i doubt it as i have the latest version and those are the files it should be there also ave u tried battery pinhole reset then wait for everything to boot up (all background apps) and only after open PS

If you don't have all those files in this directory your installation is corrupted uninstall it completely delete the folder manually if the folder still there after uninstall and reinstall it also check if you antivirus (if u have any ) is deleting/quarantine the PS exe or just disable it completely before installing PS

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ApprenticeOfEnder
    ApprenticeOfEnder Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but I managed to circumvent this by using Task Manager's Services Tab. I believe it's under PSSvc or something along those lines. It should say Predator Service in the description. Double check and make sure that's running, that's what fixed it for me.