Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Quick Question (Headset Plugged Into Wrong Video Card)

ChipieChipie Posts: 4Member New User
Hi and happy new year before all...

I bought a new pc (Nitro 5 AN515-42) & Im trying to sync it with a Vr headset (Acer AH101).

The problem here is, when I try to play a vr game, in example vrchat, all the process launching SteamVr (I can the SteamVrHome & "Mixed Reality Home", I can pick any game in or just move...)
But comming back to the main problem, In game, On the vr headset meanwhile I see all with a black screen, on the monitor screen if I move my head with headset the camera moves....

This is what pops-up joining the game and not able me to play any vr game.

I already tried updating the grapichs drivers, but all on the amd program seems fine...

Thanks, and hope you can help me <3

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey Posts: 6,432ACE Pathfinder
    I assume the headset is plugged into the HDMI port? I vaguely remember a similar issue from when the headset was first released, so I've forwarded the question to some people at Acer. I'll update when I hear back, unless someone knows what's going on right off hand...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ChipieChipie Posts: 4Member New User

Taking this photo as a exmaple, I use that both ports to plug it.
    (As a idea It's maybe the problem, the procces of vrchat is taking the secondary grapich card ? )
    billsey said:
    I assume the headset is plugged into the HDMI port? I vaguely remember a similar issue from when the headset was first released, so I've forwarded the question to some people at Acer. I'll update when I hear back, unless someone knows what's going on right off hand...
    Oh, and about that, I have to soy, when I join vrchat, it says "" Update your graphic card drivers"" But, on AMD seems like all it's on date...
    What does the Microsoft Mixed Reality Compatibility Test say on your system?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    billsey said:
    What does the Microsoft Mixed Reality Compatibility Test say on your system?
    Yes, it's all approbbed .... The grapihc card is a rx 560X... And this one dont have updated drivers for play things like vrchat in vr...
    I've got this escalated, it should be working...
  • Acer-MannyAcer-Manny Posts: 2,064Acer Crew Acer Crew
    edited January 22

Hi Chipie,

Have you tried setting this program to High Performance in your AMD Catalyst Control Center? 

1)      Launch and run the VRchat application but just on the notebook screen.

2)      Minimize the VRchat app

3)      Right click on the main desktop screen and select AMD Radeon Setting application

4)      Click on System TAB

5)      Click on the Switchable Graphics TAB

6)      In the Current Application section, select the VRchat application and click on the down arrow to assign high performance.

7)      Close the AMD Radeon Setting application 

Plug in the headset and try running the VRchat application from within the virtual environment.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny