Quick Question (Headset Plugged Into Wrong Video Card)

Chipie
Chipie Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
Hi and happy new year before all...

I bought a new pc (Nitro 5 AN515-42) & Im trying to sync it with a Vr headset (Acer AH101).

The problem here is, when I try to play a vr game, in example vrchat, all the process launching SteamVr (I can the SteamVrHome & "Mixed Reality Home", I can pick any game in or just move...)
But comming back to the main problem, In game, On the vr headset meanwhile I see all with a black screen, on the monitor screen if I move my head with headset the camera moves....

This is what pops-up joining the game and not able me to play any vr game.

I already tried updating the grapichs drivers, but all on the amd program seems fine...

Thanks, and hope you can help me <3

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    I assume the headset is plugged into the HDMI port? I vaguely remember a similar issue from when the headset was first released, so I've forwarded the question to some people at Acer. I'll update when I hear back, unless someone knows what's going on right off hand...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chipie

Taking this photo as a exmaple, I use that both ports to plug it.
    (As a idea It's maybe the problem, the procces of vrchat is taking the secondary grapich card ? )
  • Chipie
    billsey said:
    I assume the headset is plugged into the HDMI port? I vaguely remember a similar issue from when the headset was first released, so I've forwarded the question to some people at Acer. I'll update when I hear back, unless someone knows what's going on right off hand...
    Oh, and about that, I have to soy, when I join vrchat, it says "" Update your graphic card drivers"" But, on AMD seems like all it's on date...
  • billsey
    What does the Microsoft Mixed Reality Compatibility Test say on your system?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chipie
    billsey said:
    What does the Microsoft Mixed Reality Compatibility Test say on your system?
    Yes, it's all approbbed .... The grapihc card is a rx 560X... And this one dont have updated drivers for play things like vrchat in vr...
  • billsey
    I've got this escalated, it should be working...
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited January 2019

Hi Chipie,

Have you tried setting this program to High Performance in your AMD Catalyst Control Center? 

1)      Launch and run the VRchat application but just on the notebook screen.

2)      Minimize the VRchat app

3)      Right click on the main desktop screen and select AMD Radeon Setting application

4)      Click on System TAB

5)      Click on the Switchable Graphics TAB

6)      In the Current Application section, select the VRchat application and click on the down arrow to assign high performance.

7)      Close the AMD Radeon Setting application 

Plug in the headset and try running the VRchat application from within the virtual environment.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

• honeyybird
    honeyybird Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Chipie,

Have you tried setting this program to High Performance in your AMD Catalyst Control Center? 

1)      Launch and run the VRchat application but just on the notebook screen.

2)      Minimize the VRchat app

3)      Right click on the main desktop screen and select AMD Radeon Setting application

4)      Click on System TAB

5)      Click on the Switchable Graphics TAB

6)      In the Current Application section, select the VRchat application and click on the down arrow to assign high performance.

7)      Close the AMD Radeon Setting application 

Plug in the headset and try running the VRchat application from within the virtual environment.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny 

I followed this, but once I have entered my AMD settings theres no option for switchable graphics. Am I using the wrong AMD update, or can the option be found somewhere else?