Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro 5 AN515-51 - is 88C a bad temp?

RaeeRaee Posts: 2Member New User
I have bought a AN515-51 laptop with a i5-7300HQ @ 2.50 GHz and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
I play the game Monster Hunter World and the temperature usually hits around 75-88. Is this normal? Should I be worried? 

Best Answer

• tobimarutobimaru Posts: 111 Skilled Fixer
    Accepted Answer
    That temperature range is completely normal as the laptop ships from Acer. It is exactly the temperature range I was in before undervolting CPU, re-pasting CPU/GPU, and then overclocking GPU. Unless you are experiencing problems in-game or while using the laptop, all components in the laptop are designed to work at those temperature ranges.

You can get the temperatures lower if you're willing to tinker a bit and disassemble the laptop. But, as mentioned, unless you have problems in-game those temperatures are in the range Acer designed the laptop to operate and should not be a concern.
    AN515-51 | i5-7300HQ | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    Noctua NT-H1 re-paste
    -0.115v CPU undervolt
    GPU OC - 1853MHz core/4500MHz mem

FAQ & Answers

• tobimarutobimaru Posts: 111Member Skilled Fixer
    Accepted Answer
    That temperature range is completely normal as the laptop ships from Acer. It is exactly the temperature range I was in before undervolting CPU, re-pasting CPU/GPU, and then overclocking GPU. Unless you are experiencing problems in-game or while using the laptop, all components in the laptop are designed to work at those temperature ranges.

You can get the temperatures lower if you're willing to tinker a bit and disassemble the laptop. But, as mentioned, unless you have problems in-game those temperatures are in the range Acer designed the laptop to operate and should not be a concern.
    AN515-51 | i5-7300HQ | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    Noctua NT-H1 re-paste
    -0.115v CPU undervolt
    GPU OC - 1853MHz core/4500MHz mem
  • RaeeRaee Posts: 2Member New User
    tobimaru said:

Yay! Thank you! 
  • HahahaHahaha Posts: 58Member Die Hard
    You need not worry as long as the game runs smoothly (no stuttering, crashes etc)