Nitro 5 AN515-51 - is 88C a bad temp?

Raee
Raee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have bought a AN515-51 laptop with a i5-7300HQ @ 2.50 GHz and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
I play the game Monster Hunter World and the temperature usually hits around 75-88. Is this normal? Should I be worried? 

Best Answer

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    That temperature range is completely normal as the laptop ships from Acer. It is exactly the temperature range I was in before undervolting CPU, re-pasting CPU/GPU, and then overclocking GPU. Unless you are experiencing problems in-game or while using the laptop, all components in the laptop are designed to work at those temperature ranges.

You can get the temperatures lower if you're willing to tinker a bit and disassemble the laptop. But, as mentioned, unless you have problems in-game those temperatures are in the range Acer designed the laptop to operate and should not be a concern.

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    That temperature range is completely normal as the laptop ships from Acer. It is exactly the temperature range I was in before undervolting CPU, re-pasting CPU/GPU, and then overclocking GPU. Unless you are experiencing problems in-game or while using the laptop, all components in the laptop are designed to work at those temperature ranges.

You can get the temperatures lower if you're willing to tinker a bit and disassemble the laptop. But, as mentioned, unless you have problems in-game those temperatures are in the range Acer designed the laptop to operate and should not be a concern.
  • Raee
    Raee Member Posts: 2 New User
    tobimaru said:

Yay! Thank you! 
  • Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    You need not worry as long as the game runs smoothly (no stuttering, crashes etc)