Problem Acpi Bios Acer One 10 S1003

Options
2»

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    accept my answer @Dodo03 to put the topic as resolved  ;)!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Great! Sounds like you have it sorted. With the UEFI BIOS a lot of the code is stored in one of those hidden partitions on the HDD/SSD, including the activation key. The ROM portion of the BIOS pretty much just has enough to load and boot the soft portion that's on the drive. That's why you don't want to clone the image from another system. They would both end up with the same key, and Microsoft would deactivate the second one the first time it got connected to the internet. Without the original key you would end up having to purchase a new license.

Yes Dodo03, you wouldn't notice much speed difference between the original build with the extra apps and such and a clean install. You will have cleared some space on the drive for future app installs though. Having programs on the disk doesn't slow things down until you get the disk really full unless the programs are of the type that run in the background. Most of the stuff Acer installs for you don't do that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dodo03
    Dodo03 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi Bill! I wanted to do a clean formatting even on my pc. but I'm a bit 'scared with this error "acpi bios error" ... I talked to a friend of mine, he has totally blocked his PC with the same error, currently his pc is in assistance! I had a lot of luck with my brother's pc! this error "acpi bios error" is a real *****! I am now convinced to leave its original operating system!

• Dodo03

Tinkerer

Options
    real b a s t a r d
  • MARCIANOH
    MARCIANOH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Dodo03, Do you plese help me? I have the same problem with the same laptop.  Can you tell me steps by steps how you made it please. I erased all the partitions and now i don´t know what to do.
    Thank you, and forgive me for my english.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First convert the pendrive to gpt and format it in fat32 like this:

Then download an iso only x86 here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Extract the iso to the pendrive and then go to the bios and disable the uefi the fast boot:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dodo03

Tinkerer

Options
    MARCIANOH said:
    Hi Dodo03, Do you plese help me? I have the same problem with the same laptop.  Can you tell me steps by steps how you made it please. I erased all the partitions and now i don´t know what to do.
    Thank you, and forgive me for my english.

Hi Marcianoh!! Follow the advice that @egydiocoelho has given you! I solved thanks to him! Follow his steps! Let us know!

• Roylan
    Roylan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    acabo de eliminar la particion de recovery diganme como puedo instalar denuevo me da el eero de acpi bios por favor estoy bien nesesitado ayudenme

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Roylan! You should download an iso x86 here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Then convert the pendrive as follows:

Turn off the fast boot and put the pendrive first in the boot!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• generalbadwolf
    generalbadwolf Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have solved this issue after much trial and error: The rules for reinstalling this tablet are as follows
    A. Unless its linux, it will not boot an installer correctly.
    B. Unless you have the recovery disks... to put windows on it, you have to write a preconfigured image. (IE '.img' from a VM)
    How i did it...
    - on Linux boot disk: dd if=/dev/mmcblk of=disk.img bs=1M status=progress
    - Load it into virtualbox as a hard drive, but you have to convert it first, use qemu-img, the command is...

# qemu-img convert -f raw -O vdi disk.img disk2.vdi

Command logic written as...
    qemu-img [convert: is the command] [-f: is the format of the disk in] [raw: means its a pure copy image "img"]  [-O: is the output disk format "converting to"] [vdi: is Virtualbox disk image] [disk.img: The name of the input disk image] [disk.vdi: The name of the output/resulting disk]

I installed windows the the VDI, a 32 bit, EFI installation.
    I imported the Drivers just to be safe, but you may not need to do that...

#Get-ChildItem d:\drivers_folder -Recurse -Include *.inf | ForEach-Object {pnputil -i -a $_}

Shut down... Reverse the order of the disk converter: Go from VDI *.vdi to RAW  *.img
    Boot linux disk
    run
    #dd if=/media/disk_mount_place/disk.img of=/dev/mmcblk0
    Reboot
    If you installed Virtualbox tools when working with the image, uninstall them in safe mode if you crash. (not a big deal)
  • LASV_94
    LASV_94 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Roylan! You should download an iso x86 here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Then convert the pendrive as follows:

Turn off the fast boot and put the pendrive first in the boot!
    Hello @egydiocoelho I just did exactly what you posted, i downloaded the windows 10 x86 ISO file using the media creation tool and formated my USB using disk part and applied the listed settings on your screenshot. I also copied the windows ISO file to the USB drive and it still doesn't boot, the message "No bootable device. Hit any key" keeps popping every time it tries to start. Can you give me any more advice?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LASV_94
    LASV_94 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    First I would like to say that you made a mistake in having deleted the recovery partition from Acer! You should not have done this!
    Since this model is a tablet with 32-bit uefi mode, you should first download an iso of microsoft from windows 10 only x86 (32bits) and then convert the pendrive to gpt like this:

Then copy the iso to the pendrive!
    After that, create a password in setsupervisorpassword and disable secureboot!
    egydiocoelho I have the exact same problem, I wanted to do a fresh install of windows 10 and deleted all 4 partitions and it started installing, after 99 percent and a text dialogue said that it could not finish installation, then it restarted and the Acer logo appeared and it just keeps restarting without going into the windows 10 installation proccess, I read the whole thread and I formated my 8gb USB flash drive and did all the cmd prompts as shown in your screen capture, after everything was done i copied the Windows 10 x86 ISO downloaded from the Windows media creation tool from the microsoft site and inserted my USB flash drive using an OTG (USB female to micro USB 2.0 male) cable and selected all the options in the BIOS as shown by @D@Dodo03 but nothing happened, I do not know if I did something wrong or it just doesnt work on my tablet. One thing i noticed is that the BIOS does not recognize the USB ISO file, but it did recognize it when i made a bootable USB windows 10 drive using the media installation tool or mounted the ISO using Rufus 3.8 program
  • billsey
    Options
    You can't just copy the iso image over, you need to use the Media Creation tool or Rufus to image the iso file onto the flash drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manyao
    Manyao Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same probleme
    but i have tried your solution it's doesn't works

HELP PLEASE !

• billsey
    Options
    @Manyao please start a new thread (use the Ask a Question button) and include your model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. This thread is several years old and you won't get much visibility here.