Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

X34 PBMIPHZX flickers after starting a game

OddlyVagueOddlyVague Posts: 2Member New User
About half the time when I start a game, the monitor will go black for a few seconds, return for a second, and go black again for a few seconds. This will continue until I select the monitor menu > Gaming > Apply and Reboot. Once the reboot is complete, everything is fine. This occurs both at the default 100Hz and the overclocked 120Hz. I am using the supplied DP cable and the latest Nvidia driver, 417.35.  This problem presented itself during the first week of use.

Is there a firmware update that will fix this? I do not see one on the support page for the monitor.

I tried to contact support, but all I can find is an RMA request option.  It would cost me $82 to ship this.  I paid $855 for a new monitor and it should function as promised.  Acer failed to meet their obligation. Why should I pay more for it?  Beyond the bad customer service of costing me more money, I have a fear of RMA's in general. It rarely goes well for me. I either get someone else's beat up refurb or the tech does not treat my equipment as if its their own and it comes back to me not in the same condition I sent it.  My fear goes on.. dead pixel and I am told its in their acceptable limit, etc.

PS I have not written my Newegg review yet. hint hint. As it stands now it would cost me an additional $82 for an RMA, I'm thinking 2 stars and my title would read, "Awesome, but I do not recommend it". I thought it would be fair to Acer to see how the company corrects this issue before I submit my opinion. I am hoping you will treat me fairly Acer.
Case Number : 5386762U