My Acer Chromebook C720-2844 will not power on

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Tomorrow I will continue to help you, because it is already 09:30 pm here in Brazil!
    But I'd like you to send a photo on the other side of the motherboard too! Another question: Is your notebook still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It is possible that the motherboard exchange solves the problem! Is your notebook still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Thackyboy
    Thackyboy Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options
    No warranty.  It is 4 years old.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked that with another charger the problem remains? Did you also check if the dc-in connector is in trouble? The dc-in connector is this here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Options
    yes, I tried another charger.  still no.  How could I check if the dc-in connector is in trouble?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Unfortunately he is a soldier on the motherboard, see:

I think the best option would be to take the notebook to some service center to try to fix the motherboard!
    Do you have another keyboard as well to see if the problem remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Options
    unfortunately no to having another keyboard.  I will take motherboard out today to look for switch on underside as u suggested yesterday.  I will also look to see of anything seems loose around the DC-in plug.  Thanks for all of your help.  I really appreciate all of your suggestions.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK my friend! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Thackyboy

Tinkerer

Options
    Just looked on underside of motherboard.  No switch.  Is it possible one of the ribbons or wires running under the top of the keyboard are lose?  How would I get to those to check
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not think so, because the only cable that exists between the keyboard and the motherboard is this one:

It seems to me that this part of the keyboard can be removed:
    I suggest you do this with caution not to damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Two possibilities. (1) The power button itself has failed. (2) A factory setup procedure suggests the system can possibly enter what's called a "battery cut-off state" where it can't be turned on with the button after the AC plug has been pulled out. But must wait for more than 30 seconds, then plug in AC back in to turn it on. Perhaps it's somehow got stuck in this cut off state? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The interesting @JackE is that this button seems to be the interlock button:

However the @Thackyboy said that there is no bulge in the notebook casing that presses that button!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    If that mainboard switch is located directly under the KB power button, then yes egydiocoelho that would be suspect. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited December 2018
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer